1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi not working.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by JohnnieBob, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

I downlaoded the new update but it wont play anymore. On the sd card the files are: moonshl2, R4i Menu, Games (with all my downloaded ROMS) and a 'DAT File' called "R4.dat. Help please!

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The DSi 1.4 Firmware blocks all Flashcarts.

You need to update your flashcart using the 1.4 update for your cart, if it has one. Otherwise you have to wait until your card develops a fix or buy a new card that works with the 1.4 firmware.

Check out www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds to see if your card has a 1.4 fix.

3. JohnnieBob

i downloaded the newest one. the R4i sdhc site says it works with the firmware. but it wont work.

4. TirithRR

Does the box say "1.4" on it? There are numerous R4i SDHC cards, two made by the same company, the second one supports 1.4, and says 1.4 on the box/card.

The firmware files need to go on the root of your card, not in any folder. Many of the R4 cards and clones have firmware the come packaged in a folder called "ENG" or "English". You need to take them out of this folder and put them on the card. You will want to make sure you are using the correct firmware for your card, and not one for another card by the same name.

5. JohnnieBob

Nope :( It doesn't say V1.4 :( What can i do now? wait till they find one for mine? Do they have one?

6. TirithRR

You may not be able to use that card on a DSi with 1.4 firmware. You could wait, but I doubt they'll come out with anything.

You may have to purchase a compatible flashcart, like the Acekard2i. It is 13USD at www.dealextreme.com

7. 1gameguru2

1gameguru2 New Member

I also downloaded the upgrade on the DSi and now my Acecard2i with all the games does not work. Any ideas as to what I need to do? Thanks

8. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

You need to update your acekards firmware http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

also since you already downloaded the Dsi's new update that means your gonna need a ds lite to update

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That sucks!!! i had that problem too, but luckily i have an upgradeable flash cart!!!
    you should invest in one!!!

10. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I never updated it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.