1. This forum is in read-only mode.

dsi japanese

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by amby1999, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amby1999

amby1999 New Member

hi can any one help i need to change language on my daughters pink dsi from jap to english nintendo say it cant be done but surely if i get a usb lead and english firmware from a uk 1 i can swap them over or duplicate ,please any help would be very much appreciated

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, you said yourself that Nintendo said it was not possible.

All the results in Google say you cannot do it...
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090103205541AArnBfg

Now, if you had a Flashcart, you could make the flashcart in english, but I don't think you can make the actual DSi firmware into english.

You know the US version comes out on the 5th, (3 days away).

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...unlike the standard ds or the lie, it's a set language for that region (we have 2 jap ds's-grapite black PHAT and a dark blue LITE) and since I am number 6th in all of australia (yay me got mine april first at 11pm XD launch events rule) I can say by default, language can't be changed...

I doubt anyone would have made interchangeable firmware-not yet anyways-since the dsi can't even use most flash cards (only the acekard i works from what I hear).

Plus, wouldn't that mess things up, since these things are region locked now?

...Only good thing about importing one is you get more colours...I stuck with a dull black one :( not like the ds lit's glossy black...

Good luck changing the fireware-you ain't covered by nintendo if you mess up the dsi :(

4. skitimbike

skitimbike New Member

Nintendo DSi

DSi is not useable with the R4? Is anything in the works by you genius's out there?

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There are DSi flashcarts already available.

The TTDSi, the R4i and the Acekard2i are a few of the more notable ones. The Acekard 2i is currently the best choice out there.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Like I said though-once it goes online it might block out those cards...so don't use the WPA featured games or the dsi shop channel!

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It can't. There is no way of telling whether its a real game or a flashcart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.