1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi has motion sensor ?!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by teheezin, Jan 9, 2010.

1. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I just checked the Nintendolife site and they had this article saying DSi has a motion sensor and they did a demo of it.. playing a ball game where they tilt the dsi and the ball moves according to where they turn.. and it works ! so does that means we're gonna get more games like dat coming up ? does that mean we can play Tony Hawk motion without the add on for the DSi?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

link to site?

I kinda doubt existing game like tony hawk would work-it may not have be compatible with the built in one.

But why didn't nintendo say about this before hand instead of leaving us in the dark-this sounds fishy...

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its called a camera...

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That makes more sence-wario ware from the dsi shop can be controlled by motion...from yourself.

Not tilting the system but yourself.

Good thinking loonylion as always sir :)

5. teheezin

teheezin Guest

http://ds.nintendolife.com/news/2010/01/dsi_gets_motion_detection here you go the link to the demo.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Hrm...

The game looks like one of the super monkey ball clones...not bad.

And it would be hard to do the motions via camera.

But for all we know it may be a fake since...well apparently it's all software driven, and no news of a tilt sensor was told upon dsi launch.

This might just be a flash cart running a self controlled demo with the user just pretending he is copying it, but I can't say for sure.

7. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Sounds true.. we'll just see what happens then..