1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi firmware update compatability with acekard2i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Pixel7878, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Pixel7878

Pixel7878 Member

My friend had updated his firmware as a result of using Wi-Fi on the DSi and his R4 no longer worked on it. Also, my Acekard2i would not load either on his DSi. I heard about this new anti-piracy firmware update and also heard that many cards have fixes already, but I do not want to download this update until I am completely sure that I will still be able to use my flashcard on it afterwards. Can anyone confirm that Acekard 2i will still work, and what I possibly need to download to make it work?

Thanks.

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

you will need to update your acekard to work on 1.4.1: http://filetrip.net/f18393-AceKard-2i-firmware-1-4-1.html you unzip and copy the file to the root of your sd. you will need to run it through a ds lite though. then just start the card and follow instructions. to know your card is updated. on the dsi, it should show an alex stormraider (or something like that) as your card. if this shows up, you can update your dsi

3. Pixel7878

Pixel7878 Member

will i need to run it on a dslite even if i haven't updated my dsi yet?

4. iluvfupaburgers

if you havent updated it, then you can run it on dsi. make sure you use the one that says dsi

5. salsadancer74

salsadancer74 New Member

I hope someone has an answer. My son recently got a dsi xl and we used to have an acekard 2i for our dsi. I have done tons of reading and have download the new firmware. When I put the acekard 2i in my dslite I try to select the updated or a game for that matter it freezes. What do I need to do? I have taken all the games off and only left the firmware and still don't have any luck. My son is so frustrated, I hope someone out there has an answer for me. PLEASE HELP!! :-\ :eek:

6. iluvfupaburgers

try reformatting your card and then add the files needed. make sure you backup your games and sav files

7. salsadancer74

salsadancer74 New Member

how do I reformat the card?

8. iluvfupaburgers

right click on the card and go to format... make sure you backup your games and sav files

9. salsadancer74

salsadancer74 New Member

Thanks so much.