1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi error running R4iultra

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Gannox, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Gannox

Gannox New Member

Hey guys, I've got a problem running my R4iultra on my DSi, when I run the flash card it says on a black screen "An error has ocurred, press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off..."

The DSi version is 1.4 I just bought it, I'm using the latest kernel version of this site http://r4ultra.com/

I'm aware of the wave of fake R4s and i know mine isn't fake.

I wanted to know what's wrong and if you know, a solution. Thank you very much!

2. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

To enable your R4i Ultra to work on a DSi console with v1.4 firmware, you first need an old DS or DS Lite, or a DSi console that is running v1.3 firmware or lower, download the 1.4 fix here, Copy the .nds file onto your MicroSD card and boot into the R4i Ultra, from the menu load the 1.4 update .nds file you copied to the MicroSD card, it will update your R4i Ultra, once complete the card will now work in a DSi with 1.4 firmware. Note this does not work with R4i SDHC and the others, this is only for the original R4i Ultra cards.

*Source:Wiinewz

3. Frivera360

Frivera360 Guest

ARE YOU SURE IT ISNT A REGULAR R4 ULTRA
    BECAUSE I HAVE A R4 ULTRA, MY BROTHER HAS A DSI AND WHEN I PUT THE R4 ULTRA IN HIS DS IT ALSO SAYS

"An error has ocurred, press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off..."

4. slingshot182

What? Please refrain from using caps.

Anyway, that is a guide on how to get an R4i ultra to work on a 1.4 DSi, you will, however need a DS or a DSi running 1.3 or lower.

5. Gannox

Gannox New Member

Thank you so mush SoulRunner, you made it work!! i'm really happy now i can use my DSi, thx! :D

6. slingshot182

Glad you got it working. :)