1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dsi Charger Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cool3456beaty, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Cool3456beaty

Cool3456beaty Well-Known Member

I want to charge my dsi but the orange light won't turn on so then i check the cable and the port of the charger nothing wrong. And i also check the dsi charger port and nothing wrong and i know the battery isn't old cause i got the dsi last year so i don't know how to fix it . Help!

2. KeshanAmare

KeshanAmare Member

Maybe it's a fault with the light only. So it may be charging, but the light doesn't come on.

Maybe you need to make the plug pins fit exactly into the socket, so try moving it about until the light comes on.

If the problem is still there, try contacting the manufacturer of the DSi or a place where they can repair it.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

-Check if the charger's socket is turned on

-DSi has a yellow charge light, not orange, make sure it's off and try to do a diagnostic

-If there is no activity prehaps the battery died-how old is this?

-FInally, the post above me, last line is good to try if the battery did die.

4. Cool3456beaty

I know it's not charging
    Because when i turn it on and it's red it dies.
    And I got it last year on may so it's not that old.
    And i did Plug it in the socket right.

5. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Is it one of those outlet extension things? If so, check to if it's on. Is there anything else plugged into the outlet?

6. Cool3456beaty

Yes it is. and no there is nothing else plugged.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try a new charger. Pick up a cheapo from your local retail store. You can find generic ones for the DSi for about five dollars US.

That will tell you if the problem is in the charger or the DSi, and is a cheap way of doing it (unless you have access to another charger already)

8. Cool3456beaty

I found out the problem. The port on the dsi is broken a little.