1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi 1.4.2 Help

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by jimmytoe, Jul 12, 2011.

1. jimmytoe

jimmytoe Member

This has been getting on my nerves for about a year or 2 now, I've been trying to update my R4i SDHC every time there was one waiting for a fix for my DSi
    My DSi version is 1.4.2 and i even tried the latest R4i SDHC version and i still get this message

An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see Nintendo Dsi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.

How could i fix this problem? It works fine on my DS lite, although when i try to upgrade it from my DS Lite i always get an error code.

2. jimmytoe

jimmytoe Member

Re: DSi Help

sorry to be rude but could someone answer this topic?

3. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

which r4 card do you have and what is the official site, r4i gold or r4i sdhc, you need to download the latest firmware and update it in the correct method.

4. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

yes you r right u need the official site and your flash cart has to be upgraded by another ds or dsi

5. cowcat06

cowcat06 Well-Known Member

I am having the same problem but I have version 1.4.3 & I have tried everything. I have formatted my Supercard 2 card then loaded everything on including the latest firmware from Supercard 2 directly from their site. My microsd card is set up with the following folders:
    -DSTWO_v1.11_0630_eng
    -NDSGBA
    -Ds Roms
    I STILL get the error message every single time: An error has occurred. Press and hold the power button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSI operations manual for help troubleshooting. What am I doing wrong? Someone please help! I don't want to have to sell my DSI since I just got it! Is the brand new system I got from Target defective? Everything else in the system works.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

probably your card is blocked and needs to be updated on a ds or non 1.4.3 DSi

7. Akalakawak

Akalakawak Well-Known Member

If you have R4i Ultra from www.r4ultra.com then you'll need to download the DSi 1.4.2 and 3DS 2.1 update from here: http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi142.zip

The R4i Ultra is a clone of the AceKard 2i, it won't run AKAIO from Acekard.com, so for that you'll need to wait for an update from r4ultra.com. But it runs any update released for the AceKard 2i just fine.

So in short: Use the updates released for the AceKard 2i by the Acekard team, from acekard.com, these update the R4i Ultra as well.

8. Alexsuliter

Alexsuliter Member

What's the offical website? R4i-SDHC.com? If you get the R4i SDHC V1.4.1 need to upgrade to R4i SDHC V1.4.2, just download the upgrade package from offical website, following the instruction to upgrade your old version card. But you need a DSi which haven't upgrade to help you to finish it.