1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS wont connect ( Wi Fi )

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by fleurdelyes, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fleurdelyes

fleurdelyes New Member

Really losing my head over this.... Brought a DS Lite and already have another one for kids. Tried to connect them ( chatroom ) and it won't even let me select a chatroom. I am able to connect with the one that has a Cyclo DS card but the other one will not with a R4 card. If I take the cards out then I can again only connect to the chatroom with the one but not the other. The one that will not connect is from China ( Through EBay ) but it plays all the games really well as does the other one from UK. I really need some help as my one daughter is starting to lose it .... lol to cut a long story short.... How do I get the one to connect for multiplayer games and chatroom ? Thanks

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Chat room?

That word is not one I know for a ds...

If you want local multiplayer for example, you need to have the option on both ds's and thier cards 9should work no matter what-contra 4 vs contra worked)...

If you mean "picto chat" one opens up a room, and the person should come up...
    You don't even need a card to access that one...it's the only "chat room" I know of...

You may have to re-explain exactly what you mean-if wifi you mean "against the world online" then you may have make sure the settings are the same with the game or app your using...

Sorry sir-hard to help when I have no clue what you mean-but by giving more info (and explaining what this chat room...or if you mean a "player count" menu used in some games via wirless play, aka "game lobby") other users may give assistance...

I will to once I know :)

3. fleurdelyes

fleurdelyes New Member

I am sorry.... I should have been more precise.

When I switch the DS Lite on it goes through the motions as normal. I have a R4 card in but take it out for the purposes of this. I then try and select Picto Chat as you say. It goes to the next screen and then it just will not go any further. The DS just will not let me select anything...ie; room 1, room 2 etc etc.

When I switch it on with the R4 card in, it boots up as normal and then goes to the "game", "Multimedia" and "settings" screen. I select games and then select Supermario Kart for saying sake. I then try to play in the multiplayer games and it will not do it. No matter what I try it will not connect to the other Ds that my other daughter has
    So basically the DS will not connect to the other daughters DS but when I switch the R4 for the Cyclo DS.... It still wont work so its gotta be something with the DS itself.

I hope that helps, I really need to sort this out.

Thanks

4. fleurdelyes

fleurdelyes New Member

Did you have anymore thoughts on this mate...... I hope I made it a bit easier to understand... Thanks for the thought if you can't

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

One DS came from China? Are you sure about that? =/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS#Regional_division

That may or may not apply to you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.