1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS Valkyrie Profile being developed

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by anandjones, Mar 15, 2008.

1. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

At last, Valkyrie Profile love will finally spread into the DS. According to some leaked scans of Jump comic magazine, Square Enix will release a new Valkyrie Profile installment, Valkyrie Profile: Toga wo Seou Mono (or Valkyrie Profile: The Accused One), for the Nintendo DS handheld.

The game's protagonist this time around will be Wilfred, accompanied by some returning favorites, such as Lenneth. Wilfred supposedly is a soldier with a fair amount of grudge against the Valkyries, and wields a deadly feather given to him by the Goddess of the Underworld. Already intriguing enough, if we do say so ourselves.

As you can see in the scans, the game's graphics looks like a traditional strategy RPG at first glance, with its isometric perspective and sprite characters. We can't know for sure, however, since none of the scans show how battle is exactly done. Well, we'll just have to wait for Square Enix's official announcement soon enough.

From ds.qj.net Personally, I've got VP2 on PS2 and it's not bad, so I will definitely try this out once it's out.

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

finally a game to look forward in DS...... XD

hope they dont make a PSP version of else i might end up getting the PSP version instead XD

btw: i love VP1 and 2 XD

3. anandjones

More news..

Following leaked Jump Magazine images from last week, Square Enix today made the new DS installment of the Valkyrie Profile series officially known, and even shared a few screens and pieces of artwork.

As we reported last week, this new entry in one of Square Enix's most critically acclaimed franchises is fully titled Valkyrie Profile: Toga wo Seou Mono. This surname is currently being unofficially translated around the web as "The Accused." We reserve the right to tack on a "One" to the end of that title depending on how many people are actually being accused.

Aside from the screenshots, we don't have too much in the way of details on the game. The word "toga" will reportedly play a major role in the game's storyline and gameplay systems. No, that doesn't mean everyone will be walking around in togas. "Toga" here is the Japanese word for "fault," as in, "It's all your toga!" Although we don't recommend mixing in Japanese words with your English, because it makes you sound like a jerk.

Fans of the Valkyrie Profile series can rest assured that developer tri-Ace is once again heading up the development effort on this title. Although the viewing perspective now appears to be 3/4 overhead, the game is said to maintain the strategic, high-paced battle system for which the developer is known.

From nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk

Screenshots here. http://au.media.ds.ign.com/media/142/14240757/imgs_1.html

4. calvin_0

its about Lenneth again XD...but are they sure that DS can carry that kind of 3D?

[​IMG]

5. anandjones

It's just cut-scenes of course. Of course it can carry video like that, played FFIII and FFCC?

6. calvin_0

o.k.....i hope its not a port this time.....for some reason when ever i see Lenneth, i always recall VP1

7. anandjones

More screenshots and news. It kind of seems like they're going to produce this game fairly quickly :p

http://ds.qj.net/New-screenshots-details-of-Valkyrie-Profile-The-Accused-One/pg/49/aid/116566

8. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

Am I the only want that thinks that Hrist deserves an installment ;D

9. calvin_0

totally, Hrist deserve her own game XD

anyway

[​IMG]

doesnt he appear in VP1?.....i hope i'm wrong about this.

10. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

Lenneth 1?? if i recall it was Hrist also but my a lot of my friend's say it was lenneth
    Silmeria 2

Hrist appears at both but she's a boss/party member

11. calvin_0

VP1 is about Lenneth, VP2 is about Silmeria, Hrist only appear in VP2 to capture Silmeria...so technically she doesnt have her own title yet....

12. anandjones

There's a new japanese trailer of The Accused One out now.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V905J6C89w0

13. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

aah!brilliant! I love this game. Especially the Norse mythology, which interests me a lot! (They've got Einherjar in the game :D)

14. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, along with FFTA2, I can't wait for this. :D I have fun with the battle system in VP2, so I'll enjoy this.

15. ackurxs

ackurxs Guest

There is a psp version and its pretty good.