1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS teaches you to drive

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by anandjones, Mar 20, 2008.

1. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

When you see people walking on black and white lines in the road, you should stop your car - not batter through them like pins at a bowling alley. You and I know that, but some (grannies and drunk people) don't, but Atari is coming to the rescue.

Driving Theory Training on DS aims to help those who need to brush up on their Highway Code, either to pass a theory test coming up, or to avoid running over people when out and about.

And being on the DS means you can "revise, practice and take virtual tests on driving theory and Highway Code whilst on the move", points out Atari, although hopefully not actually while driving, may we add.

It's all official stuff, too. "Driving Theory Training will feature the full driving theory questions and answers officially licensed by the DSA (Driving Standards Agency).

"In addition to a full theory test based on the real life exam, learners can benefit from revision, graphs, mini games and questions and answers relating to vehicles. The application also features the full Highway-code, ways to learn and revise as well as fun games to entertain whilst stimulating the mind."

It's scheduled for launch this summer.

From nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk Pretty cool, I might use this lol.

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

no doubt that wont include the NZ rode code. But nonetheless i wouldnt use it. I learnt to drive when I was 13, my old man just threw me in the ute in the paddock and said there ya go learn to drive, your not getting dinner untill you can drive. So yeah i learnt pretty fast lol.

3. ultra

ultra Guest

are you god damn serious about this?!

the game is a simulation, therefore it's not real and shouldn't be considered a serious form of educating a person's driving ability. remember in philosophy that simulations aren't real as it mimics the real stuff.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes I know but it's still funny lol. When I'm 15, my older brother's going to teach me on how to to drive and he's really good since he was taught by a rally driver, Magnus.

5. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I learned to drive a bit two years ago, when I was eleven. I couldn't see the front part of the car though; I was too short. :p

6. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Yeah, grew up on a farm so it was kinda normal.

7. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

If they invent a stylus/D-pad steering wheel; I'd probably use it.

8. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll make another one of those GBA expansion things for a steering wheel, just like they did with the Guitar Hero controller.

9. jacoblam365

jacoblam365 Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Drunk people isn't a good example. Do you expect someone drunk to play with their DS and practice before driving? drunk doesn't mean they don't know the rules.

I have an idea, breathator(?spelling) may not be a good idea for car starter because even if you rinse your mouth with alcohol content mouth wash, it may not start. Maybe they should install DS car starter. You turn on your DS and they ask you a bunch of questions and hand coordination test game. If you can pass it by 90%, the car will start. hahaha making sure you're alert. hahaha

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

wouldn't work, they'd get the passenger to do the tests. :p