1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ds....slowing down..

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by CJneeds6characters, Jul 25, 2008.

1. CJneeds6characters

CJneeds6characters Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is has the nintendo ds been "slowing down" their games.

There hasn't been much in good new releases and all i'm seeing is games based on movies, music or something like "my weight loss coach".

Yes we just got the FFIV rom but thats it.

I want something new or fresh in something like a new zelda/dragon quest or even a gta ds, doom/quakeds, or even a new application thats exciting. Just something that will stop me from playing the same game over and over again

So I'm thinkin their slowing down and will eventually get rid of their games. Mabye becuase the next handheld they release won't be ds game compatible, mabye there just hasn't been anything exciting, or mabye, just mabye, i'm crazy. :-\

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Developing games takes quite a bit of time, you can't have major titles lined up for every month especially not so long after the initial console/handheld unit release. Additionally this is the summer months, I think they do most of their major releases in the spring/autumn/winter months.

3. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't look into it too much, like Seph said, summer is usually the slow season for games. Honestly I'm surprised that we've seen the amount of quality games come out across all systems this summer, it's rare that I can usually find a game to look forward to during this season. Plus, it's up to the game designers to come up with new games for the DS, we just recently saw a huge stream of good games come out for it so everyone is probably back in the early stages of production/creation if they're working on anything new.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Well, there's a GTA for DS coming out soon, as well as a 3D Dragonball Z for DS game. Just have some patience my boy, it will pay off in the end.

5. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Probably, after 2 years DS will see its end as for Wii I don't think it could stand any more.

6. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Well, most game makers release the big games at the start of summer.... then the rest are saved for the end of summer :)

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

correct me if im wrong but did'nt we just have a massive release of FFTA2 and a new megaman title? aside from that there is already DOOM DS, its homebrew but it runs nice. Also game development can takes years, and so it should, rushing the process just to get a release never does a game any justice. I mean just look at how long Diablo 3 has been in development.

8. retch

retch Guest

Some people like losing weight. They buy product, company makes money. Look at Wii Fit, it was sold out at my GameStop for a week.

Decent games take time to make. Anything decent will take time to make.

Most games for Wii are more party oriented, they're much better when you play with friends.

9. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Don't forget Starcraft II and Spore :)

10. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

On retch's point, you are totally correct just looking at the Wii sports and the mario games its pretty well made for party. It still ain't too good to stand until the next year.