1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS Screen Recorder.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Murderbox, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murderbox

Murderbox Active Member

Alright, I'm not entirely sure if this is the right section, so if not could a moderator move it or at least tell me where I should've put it, I'd be grateful.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was some kind of homebrew application to download and put on my Edge-DS flashcart that would allow me to record videos of gameplay, then get the video file from my MicroSD to the computer and then edit, and then put on YouTube.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Not that I've heard of, plus, the recording would require a lot of use of the VBL which would probably slow your game to a crawl. Best option is to play it on a emulator and use a screen recorder in that active process :)

3. Murderbox

Murderbox Active Member

Alright, thank you for your help. :D

Just another quick question, I'm using EDGE-DS flashcart, if I copy the saves from the MicroSD, can I use that save on an emulator?

Edit: And also: When sites like IGN and GameTrailers review a game, and they take screenshots of both screens, do they use emulators for that?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

will probably need converting

I believe there's nintendo provided hardware for taking screenshots.

5. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Go here to convert your savegames : http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php.
    I would reccommend using something like Camtasia or other screen recording programs while playing the game with an emulator (no$gba).

6. Murderbox

Murderbox Active Member

Alright, thanks for all your help everyone.

7. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

There IS a way to record from the DS, with other hardware. You don't think that Game Informer and those people take screenshots off an emu, do you?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.