1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS saves

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Bladedfire, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Bladedfire

Bladedfire Well-Known Member

Hola guys!

I just started trying to use No$GBA to emulate some DS games, Im finally tired waiting for the 3DS. Seeing the games in the closet is soooooo tempting ;D (my DS kinda...Busted)

So anyway, How should I set the save thing? More specifically, How should I set it to play:

SvR 2010 (Cant save)
    Professor Layton (the first one)(Came up, but then nothing so IDK)
    Wild Pets: Tigerz (this one wouldnt come up at all lawl. Said thingy couldnt be read)
    and
    Battle of Giants: Dragons (I prepare myself for the horror of playing this with a mouse. oh. gawd. ;) )

I would play around iwth it, but the crappy laptop I use is abit to slow to test out the save options. It takes maybe a good 5 minutes for program to come up at all.

Thanks!

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It if takes you 5 minutes to open the emulator then you won't be able to emulate any games any way.

3. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

This.

I suggest getting a new computer.

If it already takes 5 mins to open an application then I don't know what's gonna happen with it...

I can emulate Prof. Layton 1 though.

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Dam what spec's is that laptop ??, lol!

Mabe a clean install of the windows it using might help , if you have the original recovery disc that is...

5. Bladedfire

Ummm, lets see, its an old Compaq XP, Memopry is crap, owned by my aunt but I have it and use it. Basicly mine, though I dont really install stuff on it, I use it for Mugen and Roms, as well as the ocasional MP3 re-format, sheet music writing, and file saving.

GB/C/A, SNES/ and genisis stuff runs fine on it.Then DS stuff will go about half speed. and 5 mins is when I started a bunch of crap on it (dam impatient me)...but it might usually take 3-5 minutes for it to load and start the game. (after I click it). PSX goes about 25% speed or less. The specs...

OS Name: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Version: 5.1.2600 Build 2600

System Type: X86-based PC

Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~766 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies LTD 4.06, 2/22/2001

Available Virtual Memory: 238.34 MB

Page File Space: 280.53 MB

oh BTW, is Battle of Giants: Dinosaurs supposed to infinately loop? as in keep shoosing a dinosaur, only to bring you back to the same screen?

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

O_O
    i can tell ya now, you need a better processor to emulate NDS, my processor is clocked at 2.23GHZ and i can't even run it :p

7. Bladedfire

it runs, its just slow.