1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS - Pokémon Platinum; R4 use problem.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dariganno, May 11, 2012.

1. dariganno

dariganno New Member

I have just bought a copy of Pokémon Platinum from a local pre-owned game store. It came looking the same as my existing copy, with manual and box. It also plays perfectly fine so far.

However on the DSL menu screen it shows up as "Star Wars: Lethal Alliance". I don't have an r4 card (or anything similar) but searching the internet tells me that that's what it is.

I know that I can bypass having to see the name by switching to Auto Load, but I often also have a GBA cartridge in my DS.

So is there any way to change the name of the cartridge?
    Or is the betting that this is a "clone" game? Or is it simply that the previous owner used an action replay card on the game?

Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its probably a flashcart inside the casing of a legit game. there isn't any way to change the name. Action replay codes are not permanent and cannot change the contents of the game cartridge.

3. dariganno

dariganno New Member

Is there a way to remove them? Or if I do that will I lose the game?
    Is it safe to assume it'll play as normal?

Aha sorry, the only AR device I ever had was a big chunky thing for the GBC which you slotted the cartridge into.

Oh, and thanks a lot for the reply!

4. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

It will probably work as it is supposed to, but if it bothers you that much you should report it to the store you bought it from.