1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ds or 3ds wont read r4 dual core 2013

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by daltondog, Aug 6, 2013.

1. daltondog

daltondog New Member

my card used to work with my ds but not for 3ds so i found a update for the r4 card that supposedly said it would work but after the update(which said v5.06) or something it does not read. any ideas on how to fix it?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

When did you buy your R4 Dual Core ? In 2012 or was it in 2013?
    There are 2 firmwares provided by that site, each meant for different release year based on when it was first on sale. Did you used the wrong version? Also make sure your R4 Dual Core states that it supports running on a 3DS and, check your 3DS firmware, compare it with the upgrade stated on that site. If your 3DS's firmware is way above the kernel upgrade provided by your site, then of cause the likely hood is that it won't work.

3. daltondog

daltondog New Member

2013, and it worked till i updated it. given it was from a random site. it read it on the 3ds before but never started up. now nothing shows at all. is there anyway to reset the software on the card?

4. Prectorian

Why did you take from a random site? You should have taken from your own cart's official website. Probably that file was meant for another cart that looks similar to yours. One way to try solve it if you wish to try reverting to the old file is to;
    1. Have a backed up copy of the previous version prior to upgrading, format the SD Micro, return all those pre-upgraded files to the SD
    2. If you didn't made a back up prior to that mistake, you'd need to go to your cart's official website, download the correct one, format the SD
    and then add the downloaded file, perform the upgrading/installation

Another thing you need to worry about is the possibility of you accidentally upgrading your 3DS console to the latest v.6.2.0 firmware. If that's what had happened, you need to look to your cart's official site and see if they had released a new update to make it run on v.6.2.0, which luckily you got an older NDS that could be use to do the upgrading of your cart on. If none is available yet, wait until it's released.

5. daltondog

daltondog New Member

because it was mentioned in a forum on the site. stupid on my half i guess. well it doesn't read anything in the slot at all. so would formatting that and getting the files make it readable again? i also have another r4 thats my brothers thats the same exact one and the micro sd from mine still reads fine it his. my 3ds was with a older version. same with my dsi.

6. Prectorian

Should your SD Micro works on his cart, but not on yours. Then there's a possibility you'd bricked your cart.

Try doing this:
    1. Fully charge your NDS/NDSL console (not DSi or 3DS!) (Only the older NDS Fhat and NDS Lite can do the steps below!)
    2. Back up both your SD Micro and his to the computer
    3. Full format your SD Micro
    3. Download the correct firmware/kernel from your cart's website (make sure to take the correct one!)
    4. Extract the downloaded file, place the .NDS file from it and place it in your brother's SD Micro and in yours
    5. Load your brother's SD Micro + his flash cart on the NDS
    6. Tap the .NDS file so that the file is read but do not accept the offer to run yet !!!
    7. Eject your brother's SD Micro + flash cart while console is still on
    8. Insert your bricked flash cart + your SD Micro into the console
    9. Choose OK/START to the on-screen offer to upgrade/install firmware/kernel
    10. Let the process ends completely (DO NOT PRESS CANCEL OR SWITCH OFF !!!!!)
    11. Once done, try adding a game into your SD card, and play on the NDS using your own cart
    12. Then try on your 3DS.

If all goes well, your problem should be solved. If not, then likely your cart been bricked or dead beyond repair. Which then means one thing, buy new one.