1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS M3 Simply

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by G.C, Apr 24, 2007.

1. G.C

G.C Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Does This Work On Any DS? Anyone Got One?

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

There are two kinds of carts, slot 1 and slot 2.

Slot 1 carts usually have the highest compatability rate, yet they can't play GBA games.
    Slot 2 carts have a slightly lower compatability rate but in turn are able to play GBA games.

The M3 Simply is a slot 1 cart, so it cannot play GBA games. But yes it should work in any DS, it's a standard sized DS game cart. It's also a damn nice cart to begin with, that and the R4 are probably the best in terms of updates.

3. G.C

G.C Well-Known Member

Cheers

4. Mataloski

Mataloski Member

I have that bought it last week. It comes with everything you need. 1 gb micro is the default. But it works nice really simple and easy to work with.

5. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

I reccomend the DS-Xtreme to anyone. It is Slot-1 and very good. It is just like...wow. http://www.ds-x.com/cgi-bin/dsx/engine.pl?page=home Check it out. If you like SD cards and all then i guess using the R4 would be better than M3 because of more frequent updates, and better skinning. www.r4ds.net Hope i helped.

6. Seph

The DS-Xtreme uses MicroSD too. With the R4DS it's just changeable.

7. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

Oh my GOD!!! For real?! Your not pulling my leg?! I've seen pics of it naked and i haven't seen any MSD cards in there.

8. Seph

Well I'd assume it uses some sort of MicroSD that seems to be the most convenient way these days. I must admit, though, that I haven't done any research.

I don't see you wouldn't want to be able to change the memory though, with an R4 all you need is another tiny MicroSD card, with a DS-Xtreme you need an entirely new card, MicroSD cards are like $20 each.

9. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

Yeah, but i guess i just have my preferences and reasons. That's why (weirdos) people like country, and (cool people) others like Rock, Hard rock, Heavy metal and etc. But that's a whole different bag of bagels.