1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS Lite Problem: "Save data could not be accessed."

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by thisissick, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisissick

thisissick New Member

Hello everyone.
    I have a Nintendo DS Lite, and I use M3 DS Simply with it. I've had it for a long time now, and I used to be able to download a game, put it on the memory card, and it would work just fine. However, I haven't touched the DS for a long time and I deleted the folder that was on the memory card (the system to play the games). Just recently I've decided to look up some games and play it again. Because I deleted the system folder, I had to look for another one to download, and the one I found is moonshl v1.02. Now, everytime I paste an old game, it works just fine, however, I've tried playing 5 different new games, and NONE of them seem to work, and all of them give me the same error message "Save data could not be accessed. Turn off the system and reinsert the card/game." I've read around and I've seen there are patches and whatnot, however I can't seem to get my hands on these patches, I can't find anything that links to them. Also, they always seem to be regarding the R4 which is not what I have.

So my question is, is the error from the (new) games, the system, or what? And how do I make the games work?

Please help! It would be MUCH appreciated.

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Try updating to the newest system folder I have an M3 real that would do the exact same thing with newer games and I updated it and it works fine now

[EDIT] I just looked at the m3 website you can download moonshell 1.60 http://www.dsgogogo.com/html/download_1.html try that and see if that helps.

3. thisissick

thisissick New Member

Thanks for your reply.

Okay so I download it, extract it, and then copy the files and paste them on the memory card, and overwrite everything that's already on there?

If that's right, they're still not working :( So frustrating.

The only files that don't come with the download are _DS_MENU.SYS and _DS_MENU.DAT so I don't know if these files need to be updated as well.

Help please!

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Moonshell is not the problem here, your firmware is out of date (contrary to common belief, moonshell is NOT the firmware). Head to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds and download the latest firmware for your M3, then install it the same way as you did with moonshell.

5. thisissick

thisissick New Member

Loonylion thank you SOOOO much. It worked!!

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

heh Loony is the man! ;D glad you got it working thisissick :)

7. thisissick

thisissick New Member

Okay GTA is still not working :( lol I guess cause it's recent? Please let me know!

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Read the sticky please.

9. hailey228

hailey228 New Member

i download the cheat.dat and copy to my m3 simply but when i turn on my ds and got to a game there is no cheat(y)

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try with usrcheat.dat. If that doesn't work, use something like R4CCE (by Yasu, google it) to modify some entries or delete games out of the database file :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.