1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS lite max media dock

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Hinatax01, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Hinatax01

Hinatax01 New Member

I imagine there's topics about this, but I don't have a reliable enough internet connection to search through them all so I'll ask here.

Are the DS lite max media docks good? I was thinking of buying one from Amazon but I wanted to know a few things first.

What exactly can you do with them (other than put ROMs in them)?
    Is the 1G Flash Memory installed in the dock or is it like an SD card where you can move them between different things.
    Is 1G Flash Memory big enough, or should I look for a bigger one?
    If I do buy the 1G Flash Memory one can I upgrade it later without buying the whole thing?
    Are they easy to use?
    Do they do the job better than other things like this or would I be better off buying something else?
    Can you use this to make backups for games?
    Pokemon specific question - Can you use Pokesav with it? Not the one that you put on your desktop, but the good one you put in your DS.

Thanks a lot for any help/opinions you can give me on this, and if you have any more information on this product I'd be really grateful because I've never used something like this before and I don't want to waste $30-40 on something that doesn't do what I want it to do.

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

1. It doesn't play commercial ROMS, only homebrew. For the price, you can get a supercard DStwo, which does a thousand times as much, i got mine from : ishopvideogame.com

You can't use cheats with the dock, and that 1g memory is all there is. -.-

basically, NEVER get that...go with what i just recommended :)

3. Hinatax01

Hinatax01 New Member

Thanks for the info. I looked them up on the website but there's a lot of them so I was wondering if you use them, and which one do you use.

The main things I'm looking for is to be able to put ROMs on it so I can play them without needing my computer, make backups of some games, put Pokesav on it, and maybe put GBA roms on it.

The only hacked thing I've ever had is a PSP and the only things I use it for are the games, so I'm not really sure what Homebrew things you can do with the DS if you could tell me a few of the more fun/useful homebrew apps you can put on the DS that would be great.

Maybe if you could provide me with a link where you can download DS lite homebrew apps I could check them out for myself (I'm not sure if romulation has that kind of section and my internet is off as I'm typing this so I can't look myself).

4. deank27

deank27 Well-Known Member

http://www.qj.net/nintendo-ds.html

categories are at the lower right side of the page.