1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS libris

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mother of 4, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Mother of 4

Mother of 4 New Member

I have ds libris installed. I have been able to download a few free books and convert them to xhtml no problem. I can get books from the library in epub format. I am told that ds libris supports this format.
    To take out books from the local library, I have to download them into Adobe's Digital editions.
    In their help pages it states To transfer a library item to another authorized computer:
    1.On the computer you're transferring from, locate and open the My Digital Editions folder, located inside the My Documents folder.
    2.Choose the EPUB or PDF files that correspond to the eBook titles you want to transfer.
    3.Copy the selected files to portable media such as a flash drive, or email the files to the target computer.
    4.On the target computer, copy the EPUB or PDF files into the My Documents folder within the My Documents folder.
    5.Open Adobe Digital Editions on the target computer. Choose Library > Add Item, and then navigate to the My Digital Editions folder and select the new files to bring into the library.
    don't know what 4 and 5 are...

I cannot load the adobe program onto the SD card and have it work - well, I tried, but it didn't work.
    I was able to copy the book onto the R4 and the red GURU MEDITATION ERROR! data abort screen shows up when i try to open the book. the DS LIbris is up and running.

I need to get past the digital lock put on the book.

P.S. I am in my 40's. use the DS for scrabble and am not too techie. I was pretty proud of myself for getting ds libris loaded and running!