1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS Hinge Cracks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Josh241294, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Josh241294

Josh241294 Well-Known Member

Gaah...I've been through 3 DSes. One original DS (which got stolen >.<), One White DS Lite (Which ended up becoming a Nintendo 'SS', if you catch my drift) and now my current Red and Black DS Lite. What's the problem with these hinge cracks? When are they going to fix it? Does it always happen on the right side of the DS? This is a topic for those who have encountered the...DS HINGE OF DOOM!!!

2. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed that and I think I still haven't noticed it. I was checking mine , and besides from the reqiured hinges, I saw no cracks.I think I'm too cautious when it comes to my DS. Or maybe, It's because I still have the older DS version. Who knows? ???

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I've never had my DS crack it's hinge. I have an old phat DS and have had it forever.

And I've never been overly protective of it, there are two huge scratches on the case where it was sitting in my laptop case on one flight and it got rubbed against some of my cables and the metal parts gouged some of the plastic.

4. ClydeOne

The touch screen for mine got scratched, when an unauthorized person started messing around with my DS when I wasn't at home. Otherwise from that, no hinge cracks. I'm looking at it again.

5. odanhammer

odanhammer New Member

i had two used DS lites that had hinge cracks on them , one the hinge finally did break.. the other i sold when the hinge started showing signs of breaking.
    Find that the older DS systems are having that problem.
    I heard that Nintendo does replace the DS's if there under warranty.

6. Josh241294

Josh241294 Well-Known Member

Theres one starting to form on my DS...but not on my hinge...y'know when you open it? Near the mic? Yeah theres a small crack near there. But its not connected to anything. So I think I might give it back to EB Games. But there will be no more Red/Black...=.= So what colour should I get? Or should I get some DS armour or something?

7. ClydeOne

I think the way you handle the DS contributes to how soon it's going to get thrashed. Yeah, go ahead and get some kinda protection for that thing, if any is available. :)

8. mrat316

mrat316 Member

jeasus christ my phat ds hinge cracked and now its hanging off
    no worries though...im getting a new POLAR ALL WHITE shell for it

9. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

Yeah mine cracked