1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS games???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robbiep75, Aug 6, 2010.

1. robbiep75

robbiep75 New Member

Can anyone tell me why the DS roms are no longer available?

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

The ESA contacted them and told them to take them down, i think it still says why on the ds download page.

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yep. And rather than going to jail, Seph complied like any sensible person would do.
    And he has always been willing to take down games that the publishers want taken down.

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Since his idea was "try before you buy" anyway.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I actually buy games if I have money. And since I have money at times, I'll buy games. I preordered Skyward Sword actually yesterday.
    Though I won't be buying any DS games anytime soon...especially Black. I'll try that before I buy it.
    I should have done that with SoulSilver as well. If I would have known it was like it is, I wouldn't have bought it.

6. Noukon

Noukon Active Member

Since i got 30,000 points without being a premium member, i dont really believe "try before buying" DS Games.

Its Nintendo DS, unless the games are less than $20 i wouldnt dream of buying them when there is a free method available.

And that's prob. why companies want roms taken down. XD

Really, this site doesn't have much of a point anymore except for making money for Seph and the rest.

Still Luvs it though. :p

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Actually, the forum is what most of us long time regulars are here for. And no, the admins do not actually rake in the cash by hosting this site.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I don't get anything from being admin here. Apart from something to do, I suppose.

9. Noukon

Noukon Active Member

lol, that kinda sucks.

Though there isnt much advertising here, so i could see this site only scaping enough for hosting and maybe some smaller stuff.

With 1000's of people visiting hourly... it'd be like $1 an hour minimum.

Thats not even counting Premium membership so meh....

Again i dont really care, i've been a happy member of the site since early 2008, i'm mostly here for the community.