1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS Friend Codes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Arafin, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Arafin

Arafin Member

I need help understanding something. What is it that determines your "friend code"? I haven't played a game on Wifi yet so is your friend code different for each different DS game you play? Is your friend code built into your DS? Does your "Nintendo WFC ID" matter at all?

I'm wondering because if thousands of people use the same Rom, will their Friend Code be the same?

2. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

No

Yes

No

3. Arafin

Arafin Member

Thanks for your reply, and I like your avatar picture, but I'm still wondering what determines your friend code.

What if I downloaded Animal Crossing Wild World, played for awhile and added a few peoples friend codes and they added mine. Then I take my .sav file and put it on another DS. So now I have 2 Nintendo DS's playing the same Rom with the same save file at the same time, they'd both have the same friend code right? I'm wondering what would happen if someone tried connecting to me. This is important because if people share save files, that means they all share 1 FC correct?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't advise swapping friend codes unless it was an offline game.

I think the codes are random more than aything else...though it's meant to be linked to your ds.

I tried using a REAL game with a friend code on another ds, and it wanted to re-issue the code again because it wasn't linking with the ds it was on.

5. Arafin

Arafin Member

Are you saying it's bad to play roms over Wifi? I'm assuming nintendo could ban your DS Mac address or WFC ID?

So if I take a real game I have, say Mario Kart, and play it online with my DS. I get 100 wins 200 losses. Now I take that game, stick it in another persons DS to play, it will ask to make a new FC correct? Now will my win/loss be gone?

I'm trying to fully understand how this works.

6. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

No

Yes