1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS Fire Card issue

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by mzou13, Mar 26, 2012.

1. mzou13

mzou13 Member

For my nds i use a ds fire link/fire card. I know it isn't a popular set up but i have used it without problems up until now. My brother apparently screwed something up and now i can't load the menu to select USB Mode. Instead I get a loading white screen that doesn't move forward. i probably need to update the firmware but the cpu won't recognize the the nds in order for me to do it. suggestions?

2. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Format your micro sd card so everything will be deleted. Download the newest firmware, unzip it and put the content on the root of your micro sd. Everything should work then.

3. mzou13

mzou13 Member

problem though is that i can't run a full reformat. My computer won't recognize the storage. I ran the quick format several times but it doesn't work and i'm not getting the full reformat option.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

then the microsd may be dying and you need to replace it.

5. mzou13

mzou13 Member

That's what I am thinking. something internally is corrupt. i managed to get my computer to recognize the hardware finally and am about to do the complete reformat. what's a good site to find the newest firmware?

And for all those wondering, listen to the what to buy. While the fire link has been good too me, when something did go wrong it was a pain in the butt to fix.

thanks everyone for the help.

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

There's no new firmware for it. The last update for firelink was 2008 (Firmware v.1.45 XMENU v.2.55). You can get the firmware from http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/. Make sure your DS is on full charged before performing the re-format/update.

Most of the time you'll have to rely on patched rom to play on the cart. If you need assistance on how to re-format/upgrade, you might want to read my very-very-very old topic about it by CLICK HERE. Of cause as I said its extremely old because it was written in 2008 and had never been updated since. Steps you need to know and do are in there, there's nothing else that I can share about it as I've spilled everything I know into the topic.