1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ds english to japanese dictionary

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jinja, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jinja

jinja Well-Known Member

hi all. im looking for a really good japanese to english and english to japanese dictionary for the ds, either homebrew or rom. i know that there are dictionary roms out for the ds and there are homebrew apps out, but alot of the roms are in japanese and im hopeless with any sort of hiragana or katakana...so i mostly stick to romaji. i havent been able to get any of the homebrew dictionary apps working either. so any help on this would be appreciated. i tried the padict ds port and couldnt get it working...and i tried another but also couldnt get it working. i havent tried any of the roms because they're all in japanese and my ability to read kanji is at 0%

2. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

I searched for it myself and i didn't find anything. Don't know if there is one.
    Let me know if you find one.

PS, i read kanji for like 0.00001 percent (like ten kanji able to read xD)

3. jinja

jinja Well-Known Member

for kanji practice theres project jds. there is an actual japanese rom that supposed ti be the best dictionary release called DS Rakubiki Jiten

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

JDS teaches you to write hirigana and katakana letters :-\

Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten teaches you to write Kanji and there is a dictionary in it but it's only in Japanese correct?

5. jinja

jinja Well-Known Member

yeah its in japanese...but there are three dictionaries in it...english to japanese, japanese to english, and japanese to japanese. so unless someone can suggest a homebrew japanese dictionary app thats in english and that will actually boot up then id be a happy chappy

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Oh right... Doesn't KSRJ boot up? And I've searched for homebrew dictionarys but there was nothing I could find.

7. jinja

jinja Well-Known Member

i found a program called padict ds, which was basically a port of the padict palp pilot softwre...the guy that wrote it said he would be discontinuing his previous project, which im guessing is what you're suggesting, to work on this one, however this one just boots into a white screen.