1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ds disturbing features???

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by jakenero10, Apr 21, 2008.

1. jakenero10

jakenero10 Well-Known Member

Mainly it's not the best portable to own and still it needs improvements ETC.
    Anything you know?????

2. sir spamalot

sir spamalot Well-Known Member

nintendo have never had a history of making "the most powerful handheld ever", but they all stood up to whatever the competition threw at them. not even the 3d multimedia powerhouse n-gage could top it, and i really thought it would have had the GBA SP in a choke hold.

one "disturbing" feature, though, is how often companies look to it as an ideal console to "port" games to. well, you get the idea: assassins creed - available on ps3, xbox 360, pc and nintendo ds?

3. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

They DS' greatest pro, the touchscreen, also is its biggest failure: it inspire waves of developers to bring out pathetic mini-game collections without a properly working gameplay.

4. jakenero10

Usually the touch screen is the feature that mainly destroys the DS

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

touch screen and mic......

Touch Screen: its fun, but not for long...it get old fast and there is not many game that cant be play without the touch screen and there is only couple of game that is really fun with the touch screen. Not to mention you might poke the touch screen by mistake when walking, so killing the purpose of having it in a protable devices.

Mic: I bet you rather die then yell at the mic in the public places.....so having it in a protable device is a really dumb idea, although its can act like a telephone in certain game like Pokemon Pearl

6. sasquatch

sasquatch Well-Known Member

now don't get me wrong I love my ds but I find it it pretty crap that every 2 or so years especially with Nintendo there is another iteration of the same machine with slight differences, for example ds then ds lite, gameboy advance then gameboy advance sp then gba micro. Sony just did it too with the psp. it shits me to tears why cant they just make it that great in the first place.

7. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well true.....but no one is telling you to get a new one everytime they release a newer version of their console....

8. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

well my mic just broke on my ds lite and it seems to be very common problem.

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes sometimes the touchscreen kills it. The mic doesn't work in public places. I'd die of embarassment. Don't want to look like a maniac. Also, some games that require you to blow on the touchscreen is a nice idea, but you look like an idiot in public.

10. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've yelled in my DS in a public place... I was vsing my friend online while my classmate was doing some homework at the Cafe, I don't know but it was okay, because well.. everyone had the earphones on, except for the receptionist...

and I was talking to him online, so it was weird.. people leaving were asking me what I was playing, and who was I talking to... I was playing Pearl

also, I hink that the DS mic is well... crappy, it breaks so easily, and when you sneeze in the middle of a certain game (The world ends with you) a move that wasn't supposed to come out makes you die... and the touchscreen is so easy to scratch

11. jakenero10

The mic is kinda Dumb, i mean in certain games that will tell you to yell at the mic just blow it and there it's done,what kind of shit is that?.

and when i play in public sometimes the noise of malls,restaurants ETC will activate sometimes the mic i did'nt even break a sweat. Nintendo is kinda stupid about a lousy feature such as the mic.

12. jakenero10

About the Touch screen

Well about this crappy feature, it isin't very accurate even though i Re-calibrate it many times it is still inaccurate. Specially on my Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow sometimes i only use my fingers when drawing magic seals.

Also,the stupid stylus actually kills yur screen, specially when playing WarioWare Touched sometimes i hate playing this game cuz i know it will just kill my screen.

I hope they will make more non-touch games.

13. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i love the touch function, i only realy like the games that are mainly touch.
    also nothing kills my screen as i don't attack it like an idiot

14. mayacana17

mayacana17 New Member

I'm with you,, you will like use the money to buy something but then again you would still think about the new release..
    another is I hate it when my touch screen gets marks on it..

15. th3echelon89

th3echelon89 Well-Known Member

Hmm just an opinion guys, if you break the touch screen, it's not nintendo's fault, it's your fault because you play too hard, I have the phat ds for almost a year and it's in mint condition.. It's the user that has the problem because he/she plays to hard and just scratches the screen like a maniac. Nintendo thought of it and they wouldn't release it if it's not such a good Idea to put the mic. So guys, just go easy on your DS, for me it's better than the psp, because it has so many fun games, strategy games, Rpg's, and Good shooting games, mainly Metroid Prime Hunters..

Nintendo's best feature is the wifi capability, you can interact with other users and have fun together, and almost all of the NDS games have wifi capability on it and that is really good! I'd give it an "A", for the touchscreen I'd give it an "A" also because I got this homebrew called COLORS. It's a game where you paint/draw, and of course with colors. I think The touchscreen is a really good Idea.. and For the Microphone, I'd give it a "B(-)" it's because there are few games that has to do with the mic, except for online gaming, you can talk to your foes or allies online.. That's a good feature, but when in public, man that really is embarrassing.

16. jakenero10

I go easy on my touch screen but i do not like scratching it using my hands, good thing that i clean my Ds every Month and it's in good condition(Except of it's skin....... he he.).

17. th3echelon89

th3echelon89 Well-Known Member

Hehe, I have the DS PHAT, and I love it as much as the DSLITE, it breaks so easily and I don't know why, it's only difference to the PHAT is the size, shape, weight and the brightness of the screen that's all, but in terms of gameplay, there's no difference.

I prefer that you guys get that DSPHAT. Take a look at "Smash my DS" on youtube, and you will see what I mean. The DS doesn't break at one powerful smash, It deforms and breaks the system but the body is still intact, but if you do that to a dslite, probably when you just step on it, it will be into pieces.

18. Abbafan1972

Abbafan1972 Well-Known Member

What is the DS Phat?

I think it's definitely how you treat things. I don't tap the screen hard, my kids play on it sometimes, but only when I'm there, so I can keep an eye on them.

19. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

DS Phat is the first DS handheld, the grey one. I have a screen protector on my touch screen, helps a lot.