1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[DS] Complex Strategy games.

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by darky000, Sep 6, 2010.

1. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for games that have a hard difficulty and games that fail without any careful planning.

Games I'm looking for that I have played are:

Etrian Odyssey 1 & 2
    Sid Meier's Civilization

Note: I'm not looking for games like Shin Megami Tensei and Advance wars. Not too much thinking needed for me. :)
    Any ds games I might have missed or forgotten?

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

You got the intelligence of Chuck Norris or something?

3. darky000

Save the sarcasm, Stan. Any suggestions?

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

... He knows my name.
    Who the heck are you.

5. darky000

Your name before was Stanley Richards. I don't know you nor have we spoken before at all. I'm a lurker here in the forum for a year already. haha.

Now give me a suggestion, or I will milk your goat dry.

6. mcr619619

mcr619619 Active Member

Rondo of swords i think

7. frebels

frebels Well-Known Member

Disgea!

8. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Valkyrie Profile CotP
    Knights in the Nightmare

9. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Definitely Rondo of Swords and Advance Wars.

10. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could try Heroes of Mana, Lumious Arc series, Valkyrie Profile and Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon.

11. darky000

Valkyrie Profile, yes! I have played this on no$gba and I just have forgotten this gem before I got my dsi. thanks guys. This game is just amazing, I will go and find the other 2 endings.

Luminous Arc is also good but I find the story slow. I will finish it maybe some other time.
    Knights in the Nightmare is awesome! forgot to mention this on my list.
    Fire Emblem is a meh for me. It revolves around a rock-paper-scissor weakness and you can get the pattern easily. The story is good though.

I will try Heroes of Mana and Rondo of Swords. Thanks for all the recommendations. Oh, on disgaea, I prefer playing it on PSP because of enhanced graphics. :D

12. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

what i play shin megami and how is to much thinking

13. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

He means those games didn't require too much thinking.

14. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Rondo Of Swords is kinda hard. I recommend reading a guide for the very few chapters.
    And I challenge you to beat the first battle with 100% >:D

Anyway. I didn't understand if you like hard games or not.

But since you also Have a psp then...

I would recommend
    Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth Remix ( For NDS)
    Final Fantasy Tatics (The remake of the psx game for PSP)

and if you want emulate on GBA, Fire Emblem 7 and 6. (in that order)

FE 7 and 6 are the reason that this series are famous.

FFT is the first and the best FF tatics ever made. I still cry with those crap "advanced" that they try to launch on DS and GBA.

Hoshigami is a remix of an old game and like expected... its hard as hell. It includes a somewhat different systen (like Valkyrie profile) so it runs away a bit from the basic "move and attack".

EDIT: There is also Yggdrasil: we will never fight alone. Its cute, and there is a version for GBA and probably for PSP if I am not mistaken.

15. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

Etrian Odyssey 3?

16. darky000

@SoulSin- I have played FE from GBA, they were really fun. As you have said, they were the ones that made it popular. DS FE is not sucking me in much.

Hoshigami was great until you have to grind level just to get a fighting chance at winning. It got potential it's just too tedious for me to enjoy.

oh yes, the infamous FFT. I have played it for both DS and PSP and enjoyed it very well. A classic casual strategy game... The story was what kept me going and the job changing. Really, one of the best.

Yes, I am looking for hard strategy that fail if you miss an important turn, may it be RPG or not, games. :D I got enough games to try out now so I will sit in the corner of my room right now. Thanks again to all.