1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS BROKE AGAIN !!! any suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whitey, Sep 27, 2007.

1. whitey

whitey Member

ok broke my ds somehow put it on charge woke up turned it on the green light came on but didnt get the startup sound and the screens remained off 2nd ds to brake so have had anough so am open to suggestions to buy a new console and how to dispose of the ds ;) but tht still leaves me with my R4 DS and M3 Simply perfect god dammit

2. di33yuk

di33yuk Member

Re: F*****G DS BROKE AGAIN !!! any suggestions

do you want to sell your R4? how big is your micro sd card?

3. whitey

whitey Member

got a 2GB card

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Still have your warranty? You could always send it in to Nintendo to get it replaced then.

5. whitey

whitey Member

erm yh dopped it a while ago and speaker broke so i opened it and fixed it

6. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

lol, scavengers already found in the second post :)

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

whitey: Ugh, yeah then the warranty is probably void, you could always try and fix it again. :p

nm: Had you honestly expected otherwise? :p

8. Supasly

Supasly Guest

The scavengers feed off other peoples misfortune. So your DS keeps breaking. Maybe its a sign that Nintendo doesn't want your money maybe the suffering Sony wants it.

9. cwazycwis

cwazycwis Member

whitey DS's dont normally break on thier own, and by the fact that you said you dropped it and the speaker broke, im assuming you have dropped other times also. So invest in a new DS just treat it with care ._.

10. Agahnim

Agahnim Well-Known Member

And dont go opening the console up you should no that voids the warranty automatically, did u buy insurance for it, i got 3 years on mine, so just before they're up im going to swap it anyway because thats in the insurance contract i bought, my point is if u do decide to buy a new 1. get insurance and dont void the warranty lol

11. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

get a new one and get a case for it.
    sell ur broken ds on ebay as spares and repair and u can get a suprising amount for it as there are people who but broken ones fix and mod them then sell them for more. so u don't loose out all together

12. alcaclarke

alcaclarke Well-Known Member

I haven't had one problem with my DS (knock on wood - my head is closest). I'm wondering what you guys do with your DS'!
    I baby mine though like it's my child or something! LOL!

13. DS Expert

DS Expert Member

Dude, you guys have no idea of how careful I am of my DS. I've had mine for over a year now since Sept. 9, 2006
    (yea I know, I'm a nerd when it comes to remember the date of when I buy a console).

When I bought my Enamel Navy DS, I also bought screen protectors and an outer silicon casing to help keep it from getting scratched on the outside (I've still got scratches on it, but they're not noticeable unless you hold it up to a light). I had to use tape on the screen protector and the DS screen to first get rid of any dust particles that might have gotten on them due to some static electricity or whatnot. Later, I found out that the store I bought my stuff from had an even better protective casing for the DS that has a plastic covering for the outside AND silicon protection beneath the plastic layer. So even if I accidently drop my DS onto carpet or tile floor from 5 feet I don't have to worry about it being damaged. Although I wouldn't want to test how good the armor is on a building from 30 feet high. That would be crazy!

You can all me obsessed or paranoid, but I think I'm just protecting and investing in a high quality product made by Nintendo. At least until Nintendo comes out with an even BETTER handheld, which could be out in like 2009 or 2011 for the next generation of consoles.

14. poiboy

poiboy Well-Known Member

well, as a small suggestion...

i dropped my NDS lite a few months ago. it still worked, but the flip up screen had a damaged hinge (like it was severed on one side). i put it on ebay and sold it for parts, battery, etc. for 50 bucks. and i put that towards my new brain age red DS.

good luck :)

15. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

you know they do make like protective cases for the ds.............so i would say buy a new one and invest in a case, and no i dont think if he has dropped his hard enough to break it more than once he should now buy a psp. i am on my second psp fat and second copy of gta due to what really shouldnt have been a fatal drop. sony should put on the box "handle with care.'