1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Drivers License

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcfrmm, Jul 6, 2008.

1. mcfrmm

mcfrmm Member

Hi, so i currently have my permit. I've had it for probably about 8 months and its about to expire. My question is whether i can take drivers training (behind the wheel training) now because i never took it when i first got my permit. My teacher for drivers ed gave me a paper that said i was enrolled in drivers training even though i wasn't. He said that the school gives it to us so that we can go take the test right away which is what i did. I forgot all about drivers training so now i am wondering whether or not i can just take it (drivers training) and get my license or whether i have to take it and wait another six months.
    Thanks for your help,
    Mark

Ps: i live in California if that makes any difference.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Wow!

Now if this isn't proof that RomUlation isn't just a games site, I don't know what is? ;D

Anyway dude, it depends on which part of the world you're in, different areas, different rules you see.

Anyway, try going to your local DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) or whatever they're called in your area then ask them what you should do. I think they're also the ones who can give you a refresher course in Driver's Ed, if you want to. :)

3. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

If you are in the USA, then you could have taken a driver's ed class from \when you had your permit. other places, i don't know

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

hmm my provisional driving license (i.e not passed test) is valid for 52 years so this situation doesnt happen in the UK.

5. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

I am still not 18 :D

6. I have my G1 (in canada) we can get a G2 after one year of a G1, and a full G after another year (8 months if you take the Young Drivers course). We can't drive without someone with at least 4 years driving experience in the front seat if you have a G1. G2 you can but you cant drive between 12-5 AM, and only one teenager in your car at any time (excluding the driver) and G have no restrictions

7. DB_Odin

DB_Odin Well-Known Member

if youa re least 16 and you have had your permit for over 6 months then yeah you can go take it now :)

8. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

provisionals only last 3 years why does your last 52

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no idea

10. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

:D maybe your just special

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Meh, here you can get your learner's at 15, I'm probably going to go for it when I'm 17 or 18, I actually don't need a car that much (although I'm getting my brother's suped up Charade with Turbo, which is illegal to drive here, sound is above the limit as he's moving to Aussie), I tend to walk a lot, walking is good for the soul.

12. yes winter, but not all laws are enforced...of course, there's also the possibility they may have just forgotten at the time or they didn't realize the three teenagers