1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Drifting and racing?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by DriftNinja, Aug 16, 2008.

1. DriftNinja

DriftNinja Member

Anyone else here into it? I'm slowly getting into the irl drift world. When i say irl, i mean I'm a Ridge Racer fanatic lol. Soon as i get my first car, I'm gonna learn at least how to race, and try to get sponsored. Anyone here actually race either for sport or fun?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Well, I ride motorbikes for fun, if that counts. I'm getting my brother's car, at the end of this year, since he's moving over to Aussie. It's a Charade with Turbo, he got it from a old lady who used to be a rally driver. The decibels of the car is higher than the legal limit in this city. My brother says that he'll teach me how to drive (he was taught by a Rally driver, he's quite good) and he says we go drifting in big paddocks in Aussie ;D

3. CJneeds6characters

CJneeds6characters Well-Known Member

When I get my car when I'm older I might get into that if I have some good money by then.....

hopefully my brother will teach me to drift, one time he took me out to a drift road (gravel with many wide turns) and started drifting, we almost crashed ;D

In fact I\d like to have a job with working/building cars. And if I couldn't get a good car I'd buy a bigger one and give it a good sound system.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Yeah I used to drift a lot years ago...

In school that is, I often drift my thoughts whenever I was bored, sleepy or was in love...

ROFL! ;D

Seriously now, that's one of my major disappointments in life, I could never drive (in the real world that is) because of my disability :'(

5. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

honestly to me drifting isnt a big deal, i live in toronto, therefore hard to find good palces to drift :p but it'd be nice to know how to, but i'd probably only do it once in a while, don't wannt to die yet :p but still it would be too fun

6. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

i was in a park in california when i saw a car do an AWESOME drift. It was on a sharp turn and this black dude was in the car. It was awesome

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

We used to do a lot of illegal drifting and racing on the back roads around home, lots of stupid shit that shouldn't be done. Though over cars now, i mean really who can afford gas these days.

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah, going in 3rd gear even can burn off heaps of gas, to fill it completely is about $120.

9. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i know the theory of drifting if that counts, but i never drift in real life......except that one time my car kindda lose control and start to drift......

i love speeding..... by speeding i mean speed cornering..... and i havnt gotten any speeding ticket so far....

10. swangtal

swangtal Member

It's a good way to annoy the neighbors and kill your tires.
    If you are serious, start learning in some very open space--not in a garage like The Fast and the Furious movie. That's a suicidal move.
    Also, be prepared to spend a LOT on maintainance. You will want to buy old 2nd hand tire to start, because it's cheap, and also doesn't have much grip to begin with. And make sure your car is safe too. Using crappy car to pull a stunt is also a suicidal move.

11. Patton

Patton Guest

I'm actually on a Drift/Race Team here in California.

We compete in the series "Formula Drift".

We operate a Saleen Mustang, 100% custom.

12. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

well if playing need for spped counts, im in :D lol

but yeah, i cant wait until im older... another few more years or so and i'll be ready :D

13. podpet24

podpet24 New Member

Sliding around on the road at any time is pretty fun. Even on ice, lol...

Actually, something me and one of my bros used to do back in the day, was take some lunch trays from the cafeteria at our university, slide them under the tires, and let loose. It was pretty fun, actually. I can explain the mechanics, if anyone with a front-wheel drive is interested...

14. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

drifting and racing...like that in Fast and Furious?..You drag race?

15. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

I'm into watching races. F1 used to be my favorite, but now it's MotoGP (much more exciting and thrilling to watch). Can't imagine riding at such speeds.

I can never do a proper drift in racing games so I don't think I'll ever learn to do it in real world either.

16. hazynighthawk

hazynighthawk Well-Known Member

getting sponsored is very hard to get in racing .. i personally drift and drag and its rediculious to gget sponsored. you have to drive sinceyour like 8 and when your 16 have an older car hit the smaller local race tracks for the circuit races there and mayybe you can get a sponsor

17. exiavalanche

exiavalanche Well-Known Member

yeah i could never drift in racing simulators but i can drift in mario kart and nfs nitro

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I drifted before...all accidents.

First time, just stopped raining, went around a round-about at 40km's doing a right turn...

Lucky no one was there...embarressing-and typical P-plate behaviour :(

Second was again-just stopped raining, round about...

This time I was late to a job interview, and there was other cars...

I calmly pressed the gas and recovered...just in time..nearly hit a street sign...on the foot path.

I didn't freak out until after I stopped the car and said "it was a miricle that I never hit another car, let alone keep composed and not hit that sign..."

Game drifting is too easy, it doesn't count, any idiot can drift.

Let me know when your near victoria...

I love rally :)

19. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

i like drifting a little but i would love to do circuit racing :D ....can't wait to get older and get a good job make some good money buy my rx-7, go japan, find RE-Amemiya let him customize my car(dream car) and finally begin racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM..lol

20. iwantndsroms

iwantndsroms Well-Known Member

pretty much everyday on my way to work i get my car sideways but as its front wheel drive so i have to give the handbrake a tug to get it to start sliding a rear wheel drive ar is alot easier though i used to have a toyota mr2 with twin ceramic entry turbo and it was a demon car to drive lots of sideways action especially in the wet buut the turbo went all smoky on me so i sold it and bought a 2.0 turbo diesel peugeot instead no where near as much fun but it does good mpg.i used to work in a motorcycle shop that had a car shop attached and a bloke called sak nana(japanese) used to run his own tuning shop in silverstone U.K he has loads of big jap cars and used to give me free tickets to watch drifting at silverstone its wicked in a four wheel drive car with 400 bhp.i had a mini sideways once until it gripped and rolled over :( the best vehicle i have had for drifting was a motocross yamaha trike called a TRI-Z it had a yamaha yz250 motocross engine in it and had a solid rear axle so you can only turn it by drifting it was a great bit of fun but i sold it because there ended up being nowhere to use it (legally)