1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dremcast ISO burn

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gabyswizo, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gabyswizo

gabyswizo Member

Hey, I've been using Romulation for ROMs for a while now and I must say that it's the best site about it.

So yeah, I'm new to the Dreamcast section, so I was wondering if anyone could provide me some help. I already searched the forums, but I couldn't fin what I'm looking for, so here we go.

I downloaded Sonic Adventure 2 for DC, and well, it's an .iso. Most tutorials I find in the web about burning DC Cds are about .cdi. In fact, I couldn't find any .iso burning tutorial. So I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I have the boot CD thingy and Diskjuggler. Only thing I need is to know how to burn the isos or how to convert them to .cdi and how to burn them.

I'd appreciate if you didn't direct me to other sites or FAQs, as they all talk about .cdis.

By the way, I tried burning an iso into a CD-R following a tutorial, but it ended up being taken as an Audio CD
    These were the settings I used to burn it:

mode 2
    blovk 2352.
    CDXA
    Misc: RAWmode

A friend has been looking for Sonic Adventure 2 for almost 5 years (no joke). And as I live in a isolated place, we don't get many games and not many people know about computers. Today's my friend's birthday, so I'd be happy to gift him with the game.

Thanks guys~
    overrun si +700MB

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

You can try to mount the ISO to a virtual drive via daemon tools light and "rip" image using discjuggler which will create an .cdi file that you burn with discjuggler, but it seems like I burnt off and .iso using nero or cdburnerxp and it worked for me.

Here is the settings I used for DiscJuggler it might help, I had a pretty good success rate:

Mode 1/DVD
    TOC to CD-ROM/DVD
    offset 0
    block 2336

under "misc" check RAW Write and Overburn CD

3. gabyswizo

gabyswizo Member

I will try that. Thanks man!
    Post Merge: [time]1248137787[/time]
    Dreamcast isos come as Cdi, I messed up with the PSX ones.
    Anyways, that configuration worked and my friend was really happy! I'm dearly grateful. Thanks!

Sorry for the double post, I just wanted to bump this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.