1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dreamcast Woes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by nathan19872009, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can anyone help? im trying to find a good dreamcast emulator? ive tried a few eg chankast, but i cant get any to work, ive got the plugins and bios etc but just cant seem to get it to run, i have other working emulators, no$gba, epsxe and pcsx2 if anyone can give me a hand id be grateful as i long for the days of sega gt and carrozeria lol :)

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Might be easier for you to locate the actual system and download the isos and burn them off.

3. MikeLanglois

MikeLanglois Member

You've got the bios for chankast? Where did you get them from? Iv looked everywhere lol

You mean dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin right?

4. yea thats what i meant, ive got a dreamcast console but im not technically minded enough to figure out how to get the bios from it lol so any help in that dept too would be handy :) also why im here im stuck on zelda on ds, im using no$gba but i have to shut the ds lid to open a door, any thoughts? thanks guys!! (and gals!!) :)

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

just burn the image and play it on the dreamcast?

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

only certain dc's can play them-and the games themselves are simerlar to gc games (need special burning methods)...

What I heard is that a cd drive can't read all of the data off a dc game, but prehaps burning may be easier-I'd google it-though I kinda gave up on the whole dreamcast thing-though it would be worth it once you got it working :)

Easy enough to find-google it-I even found a guide to turn the bios from pal to nstc XD

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Actually playing DC games on a Dreamcast is almost as simple as burning the game on a disc and playing it on the Dreamcast. One of the easiest systems to pirate with. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p6OBP77YP4
    I think you need to burn a boot disc first, but still damn easy.

Look around on torrent sites for nullDC. It's the most recently updated, and it'll come with the bios and flash. I might just put it up for you and host it so it works. The latest version does not support Joystick support so playing Jet Set Radio is a no. Here you go

If you have a Dreamcast, follow the first method, playing with the actual console is always a million times better than playing it on an emulator.

8. Loonylion

not true, you only need the special method to make the game self booting; and thats as simple as having the right program and a CD burner thats on the compatibility list for the program. Just about all DCs can play copied games without a chip.

Not true, and again it is as simple as the right program and a compatible CD drive.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

All you need is Padus Discjuggler and specific burn settings, which can easily be looked up.
    You might need a boot disc for some games, but that's rare.

10. Loonylion

You also need a CD writer drive on discjuggler's compatibility list. For people that dont have one and dont know which to get, the Lite-On LTR-52327S is compatible, cheap and a very nice CDRW drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.