1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dreamcast emulator help...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ok I got bored, so I turned my laptop into a dreamcast now XD

But...while I found the bios (took awhile, blue for pal, red for nstc) I still can't play any games!

Namco museum (using as a test) isn't being registered, it comes up as a unknown disc, I'm using alchol 52% to run it (yes I have it pointed)...

What am I missing?

Ps, I'm using the latest version of Chancast, is that a good dreamcast emu or should I look else where, and yes I did try both avaible bios, and the iso is from here :)

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...er, sorry to double post, but i downloaded a second game, mr driller, and there is an error with it, my virtual drive CAN'T mount it and clicking on the image itself opens nero, ask to burn...

Well that's on a normal one ie the previos one, this one say's "can't access ccu sheet" or something-there is an error with this game I believe-yes I redownloaded it, and it opens up fine except for actually trying it...

I thought to try another game while I wait but now I ended up reporting it-sorry!

3. 0ld8oy

0ld8oy Member

Try using Daemon Tools to mount the image. Should find it easily on google.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I thought alchol 52% did the same job, it got my GT2 working....

I'll give it a shot-any more ideas?

EDIT-I'm not going to download Daemon tools, the site is only offering trials, and I'm sick of trial software.

When I mount Namco Muesum it loads up and shows the content inside the disc (like a ps1/ps2 game) but it won't load AS a dreamcast game...

I also downloaded Nullcast, it works a little better, but how can I convert the iso's I have to mdf/mds or other formats so it can be booted?

Nullcast doesn't support iso files, which sucks....

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

daemon tools lite is free...

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...I just went to the Chankast web site, they say 3.29 of daemon tools works best for the emulator...

I'll give daemon lite a shot, but if it gives the same results as alchol 52% then I'm giving it a break, unless someone can point me where a recent deamon tools v 3.29 is ?

EDIT:I can't mount anything onto it!

BTW, still have the previos virtual drive installed...

When I click on the daemon lite short cut...nothing happens!

Yeah the drive it created is there, but the option to mount an image isn't appearing!

Now what do I do?

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ok, sorry to double post, got it working...had to install that stupid browser tool bar...

But it still won't work-I require v3.29 of daemon tools, tools lite just doesn't take it...

It still contines coming up as music on the dreamcast menu...

Anyone got any direct links-I have searched google and my normal torrent site-no luck!

EDIT:I just tried burning it with nero at 4 times speed...same result, I'd thought I try something different...

8. Loonylion

it shouldnt require the toolbar installing.

try http://www.oldversion.com/download_Daemon_Tools_3.44.html

or

http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/download.php?mode=Download&id=27 <- 3.29

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I've seen that bottom link before...it takes you to the main site, it ain't there...

BUT I did find it, but...

Vista won't allow it to be installed, some compatibility issue...

Which means unless there is something to fix it to vista's standard, so chankast...

How about a iso to mdf/mds conversion software-I got null soft as well (another dreamcast emu) but it can't run straight iso files...

Any links to that, again having trouble on google (I keep downloading the wrong ones, mdf to iso... I want the other way around!)

10. Loonylion

CD conversion rarely works, if anything you want to mount it and rip it to mds/mdf.

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

..can daemon or alchol 52% do that?

If I could have it as a format other than iso then I have something to work with...chankast is easier to use but at least with null cast (that is the correct name) I can use it, it just needs something to convert the iso's.

12. Loonylion

daemon can't, alcohol 52% might be able to, otherwise alcohol 120% most definitely can.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...looks like nothing is working, alchol 52% did it...but it's still registering as a music disc!

One last try...dam vista!

If I can't reconfigure the bios in a hex editor then I give up, too fustrating...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.