1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dreamcast Emulator Help anyone?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ZeroSlayer01, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroSlayer01

ZeroSlayer01 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. This is my second thread for this, but there seems to have been some confusion with the first. If one of the two must be moved/deleted, please remove the other one, since this one is the more detailed of the two.

First, I want to play Evolution 2 for the Dreamcast.

I'm using the Chankast emulator. I've tried downloading a bios from some upload/download website, and I'm not even sure what it was, but it was a .torrent file. It seemed to read it, but the emulator kept freezing, and I still couldn't get the game to work, so I gave up.

Then, I tried downloading the DC bios from emuparadise or whatever that site is. For those of you who know what I'm talking about, maybe you can help. It seems that one of the bios files need to be renamed dc_bios.bin, so I tried renaming a few of them, and it couldn't read any of the ones that I tried. Do they even work for chankast? If so, which one EXACTLY am I supposed to rename?

Also, since there was problems even after the last supposed bios file could be read somewhat, is there something else I'm missing or something in particular that I need to do? I don't want to waste points a second time around downloading a game that I'll never be able to play...

For more details, I'm using Windows Vista (I have a laptop), and I've got over 80 gb left of storage on it. My computer runs fairly, if not very well. I think I have a pretty good graphics card. I'd prefer an English bios, but when it comes to bios, I don't really know what I'm doing, I think, so there's little point in asking me questions like what kind of a bios I'm using. Chankast is the emulator that I'm trying to use.

Or should I just go ahead and try the nulldc emulator? Will it work with the bios that I mentioned?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.