1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dreamcast Emulation Questions....

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aldar, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

I Have to be honest and say the last sega system i owned was a Genesis and GameGear way back when.
    That being said i want to know 3 main questions about DC emulation.

1. Since so many games made for DC were made also for PS1, is it safe to assume the DC versions are most likely better? (what with the more powerful hardware and such)
    2. How hardcore of a system do you need to emulate DC games well? Mine can do PS1 games on ePSXe with low to medium graphic boost without any lag or slowdown at all, but on High it's unplayable most times.
    3. How hard is the controls to map to a PS2 style controller? Meaning does it FEEL awkward like playing N64 games on it? (Logitech Wireless Rumblepad 2 using xPadder is what i have)

On another note, if the answer is >yes< to answer #2 then which DC emu should i get and where can i find the bios and whatever else i need to be sure it isn't going to be too much of a pain straight away?

Help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

-LA

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I actually know nothing about DC emulation... :p
    Though, you must have a good emulator and the memory card (virtual of course) and the bios.

Not sure where to get those.
    I actually just got a Dreamcast system today for $20 and it plays burned games, so I'm astounded about that!

3. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Oh cool, congrats on that.
    I Want one but i don't have the funds for it at the moment.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I don't either, but I took a gamble and am hoping it pays off.

I don't know too many DC emulators, but try Chankast. I hear that's pretty good.

5. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Yeah i think i will get Chankcast and nulldc since i hear both are good. Mostly i just wanted help setting them up and such so it wouldn't be so much trial and error.
    No biggie though, i will just hit up Demonoid for the bios and such. :)

6. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

You'd want NullDC, as Chankast may not work for some.
    1. It's mostly mixed feelings.
    2. You'd need at most a medium grade computer. It's not like the dolphin emulator ::)
    3. Not sure about that. I only used my xBox 360 controller.

You'd just need the right settings for NullDC, and the bios, which you can find on google.

7. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Is nulldc anything like ePSXe in that it needs lots of graphic/audio/drive plugins too?
    Or do i just need the Bios and the program?

Goodnight for now. :)
    Post Merge: [time]1279886170[/time]
    OK Problem has arisen! :-X
    I extracted the Emu, places the Bios , ran the Emu... And it told me i need MSVCP100.dll and i get that, run the Emu again... and it told me i needed MSVCR100.dll and i get that.
    Now when i run the program (nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace.exe) i get this error.

The procedure entry point _invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll

Assistance would be nice. :)