1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DragonBall Awesome Effects! and Scott Pilgrim...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doughboy, Nov 2, 2010.

1. doughboy

doughboy Guest

So I just finished watching Scott Pilgrim Vs The World and I taught the effects were... AWESOME!!!...
    Although I like Stephen Chow
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Chow
    director/producer of many great films such as Kung-Fu Hustle...I have to admit that I am very disappointed with Dragonball Evolution.
    [I think you would agree that the movie sucked (even though it made allot of money overseas...what's up with that ???)]
    Start Here-->...I think that the movie effects (in SPVsTW) were really good and these people (director's/producer's) should have made the Dragon Ball Movie...what do you think?

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Oh man, Dragonball Evolution was just awful. They mutated the Dragonball story and made it into something terrible. I can't believe Akira Toriyama had any part in that and let it pass. Piccolo was messed up (an airship, wtf?), Goku's grandpa Gohan should have been long dead, Goku shouldn't have been so normal, he should have met Chi Chi far sooner than that, he should have already known how to use Ki and all that, and worst of all, there were too many gun fights.

Whatever they made was horrible. I mean, Goku wasn't even a Saiyan. :/

3. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

That was really an evolution. They recreated the dragonball story in their own image.
    It should have been given a new titile and other stuff.

They only took credit on the name of the franchise so they made money.
    Shame it wasn't exactly based point by point on the real dragonball series.

4. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Well if you've seen Dragonball Evolution one of the problems i have with it, is that it was not done in a comical sense such as the animation (or kung-fu-hustle)
    They should have added some cartoonish effects, if you've ever seen Kung-fu Hustle or Shaoolin Soccer then you know what im talking about.
    I believe the only part in the movie that this happens is:
    When Goku is beaten by his Grandpa, and he smashes (really dumb) into a giant egg...wtf -_-
    There are plenty of other mistakes...such as gokus age, osaru is a midget etc...
    Akira SO did not? your kidding right?
    You do realize that this movie was based off the first manga/anime, so there are no super saiyans yet? :p

5. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

*Goku is a sayain still remember sayian is there species super sayian is the stronger version*.

6. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Oh yeah I know that (my bad i forgot to put super sayian) but then again the guy's comment sounded like he meant to say that :p

7. LuckyTrouble77

I'm saying, he wasn't of the Saiyan race. He was just Piccolo's monster from the past. I can't remember the exact name of it. Either way, I've read a lot of the manga, and seen nearly all of the anime. I can tell you that they butchered everything about the Dragonball story.

8. doughboy

doughboy Guest

Oozaru...just admit it you messed up :p

9. Admiral_Lindsay

Admiral_Lindsay Well-Known Member

That...movie....
    Why....

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I honestly don't see where he messed up.

11. LuckyTrouble77

People don't seem to understand that Saiyan is the race that Goku is. All because he doesn't go SSJ doesn't mean he isn't a Saiyan.

Seriously, brush up on your anime and manga. If you knew anything about Dragonball at all, you would see that this movie severely fucks up Goku's character alone, not to mention the rest of the shit they did to slaughter the original story.

Note: The "Great Ape," or Oozaru means absolutely nothing, as this movie creates a new history. If you pay attention at the beginning, the Oozaru was Piccolo's servant of ages past, which means the Great Ape is a standalone creature. Goku can't be an ancient monster totally unrelated to Saiyans and a Saiyan at the same time.

12. j c 2000

Dragon ball z is one of the most important animes/mangas next to Astro boy,It deserves to be known for what it is.

13. LuckyTrouble77

This is before Dragon Ball Z technically. This is SUPPOSED to take place during the whole Demon King Piccolo chapter, which was the last of the Dragonball series, but it seems like they just sort of made up their own chapter in an alternate universe while simply borrowing concepts and morphing them into something terrible.

14. j c 2000

By Z I meant the whole series.But it could easily be confused since they made goku a teen.

15. LuckyTrouble77

Well, Goku is actually a teen from the get go, but he's an early teen, hence why he looks so young. He still isn't an adult when Dragonball ends.

It's important not to mash Dragonball and Dragonball Z together, as they are two separate series.

16. doughboy

doughboy Guest

let me just clarify that I HATE DRAGONBALL EVOLUTION!
    he said...
    i messed in my answer too cause i did not add super sayian as you can see someone corrected me as well...
    messed up on the following by answering two guys...the second half was aimed at nathan drake
    that meaning about what he said...this
    Post Merge: [time]1289012158[/time]
    im confusing myself, :p will fix it too peoples likeing once i have time *yawn

17. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Wait, so you're telling me that Goku isn't a Saiyan?

Nathan's post you're referring is saying that Goku wasn't a saiyan in Evolution.

Unless I'm confused, and never understood anything when I watched Dragon Ball and DBZ when I was a teen. I'd love someone who can speak english tell me what's going on.

18. LuckyTrouble77

Honestly, I've lost track of the conversation.

As this was about Dragon Ball Evolution, I thought it would be fairly obvious that when I said he wasn't even a Saiyan, I was referencing the movie in a form of disbelief.

19. doughboy

doughboy Guest

pretty much... thats why i said you were wrong, cause you said he was not even sayian
    (nor super sayian, which i believed is what you were saying...)
    (as i said, i was wrong in some sense as well :p)

saiyan = saiyan race (maybe you meant, he did not know yet that he was of the sayian race ???)
    super saiyan = blonde hair, stronger

edit:it sounded like nathan drake wanted the whole dragonball series in one movie, and maybe that's why he wrote that :p