1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest VI

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by DragonQuester, Jul 13, 2009.

1. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Well now that Dragon Quest IX is out, Im still wondering ... About the release of the DQVI remake... There is no new news about this game, and not even a date was announced for the JAP version... :-\ Any ideas guys?

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I was just about to ask the same thing, its almost as if it just fell on the "back burner" (put off to complete something else)
    Bah! maybe something will pop up soon about it.

[Edit] I did find one place stating the release date is November 1st for the US, other than TBA i've found nothing. :(

3. DragonQuester

Where did it say Nov 1st? :p

Sorry I just want to see

4. VIII....

VIII.... Well-Known Member

man i thought they would of realeased this before IX

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

6. DragonQuester

lol thanks for the link!

7. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

I heard November as well, i can't remember where though

sorry, i know that's not much help

8. DragonQuester

lol dont worry the link is above but the only thing that's bothering me is that most of the upcoming games on that site all say Nov 1st...

9. musiclegend14

maybe its just a really big day for the gaming world :)

10. DragonQuester

lol thats a "big" maybe But lets hope thats the case. :D lol
    I just hope that SE doesnt screw us over a remake...
    They did "Confirm" all three remakes, so they can't let this one slide, since a lot of people find this version the most enjoyable. (I personally like DQV, but this one is also epic)

11. musiclegend14

to tell the truth, I actually haven't played any of them except dragon quest monsters for the original Game Boy. I really enjoyed that one, except i kept messing up saving it on my Cyclods with lameboy and got sick of restarting the game over and over again.

however, i do have DQ IV on my Cyclo waiting to be played...should i play 4 then 5 or does the order not matter

12. DragonQuester

Yeah you should really play them.. You'll enjoy every single DQ game...

I found this link also:

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8994813&publicUserId=5976052It says a release should be expected in 2010

13. musiclegend14

everyone seems so hyped about them it got m all hyped and i decided to play them.

should i play them in order? or do they not relate to eachother

14. DragonQuester

No none of them relate to eachother.. They all have great distinct storylines... And I started loving Dragon Quest by playing Dragon Quest 7... So it doesnt matter... Then I went down, playing the others and I LOVED Dragon Quest 5... Dragon Quest III has a translation patch for the SNES so you should get that as well.. When Dragon Quest 8 came out, I wasnt hesitant to buy it and I got immidiately... One of the best RPG's out there...

So I recommend these:
    Dragon Quest III (SNES - Patched)
    Dragon Quest IV (DS Remake)
    Dragon Quest V (SNES - Patched, DS Remake)
    Dragon Quest VI (SNES - Patched, *DS :p)
    Dragon Quest VII (PSX)
    Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)

As for Dragon Quest I and II, I got bored of them kind of faster than all of the others... I dont know why

15. musiclegend14

i'm going to have to give the DS onesa shot first, i spend a lot of time at my girls house so...it'd probably be the most convenient

but I'll get the others and play them when i can...thanks for the recommendations

16. DragonQuester

no problem, try em out as soon as possible

17. musiclegend14

my internet is being really picky on what sites it wants to load, and i can't seem to get anywhere that has the patch DQ 3, can someone provide a link (if its not against the rules) or help me out some how

18. DragonQuester

Well I dont think we're allowed to provide a link, but I can say "romhacking"

19. musiclegend14

thanks...i'll hit up google now

20. DragonQuester

If anyone finds anything new about DQ6, please post in this topic