1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon quest V

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nuhtheman, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuhtheman

Nuhtheman New Member

hi guys im tring to play dragon quest V but when i start it it goes black but i still hear the voices i dont know whats wrong anyone know if i can make it work ? thx

2. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

What cart are you using? I'm going to assume it's R4.

You probably have to download the latest cheat.dat file and place it in your firmware's system folder. You can find the file here. Once it's installed, enable the Piracy Fix in the game's cheat menu.

3. Nuhtheman

Nuhtheman New Member

CarT ? sry do not know what u mean :p

4. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Are you playing it on the DS or the PS2? I guess you're playing it on the PS2 because of the voices, so i can't help there, sorry.

5. Nuhtheman

Nuhtheman New Member

im playing on DS

6. pugmalion1

A cart is the cartridge you're using to play your games. Is it an R4, a Cyclo, an Edge, TTDS, etc.?

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

8. belmont_alucard

belmont_alucard New Member

please, can someone put a direct link to download the "dragon quest v" for R4, already fixed and patched? since now i thanks.

9. pugmalion1

A direct link to a patched game isn't necessary, or possible. The game isn't fixed via patching. All you need to do is download either the cheat.dat or usercheat.dat file from the following site:

cheats.gbatemp.net

And copy it into your 'system' folder on your SD card. If it asks you if you want to replce the one that is already there, say yes.

After that, all you need to do is open the cheat menu and enable the Piracy Fix or Save Bypass Cheat or whatever it's called on that particular ROM. This works and is necessary for a number of games, including most of the recently released Square titles.

10. belmont_alucard

11. belmont_alucard

nops, did't work. i have updated my cheats as you suggested, and downloaded the (U) version of the rom. then i activated the piracy fix but failed to pass the scene of the ship. the same happened to the save bypass. i also tried to play in the ysmenu, but the error was another one: the ttmenu was giving error.

12. pugmalion1

Are you using the same .sav file? I believe you need to delete any old save files from your card and start the game anew with the fix activated. This should work. I've yet to encounter a situation where it didn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.