1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest V help, not about the boat

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bacterium, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bacterium

bacterium Member

I have an M3 Real with updated firmware, and the first time I load a DQV rom, it freezes my DS. And the second time I run it, it freezes while creating my save game. I have tried using different save slots, and different names, but to no avail. I have tried every rom I can find, except Japanese.. and I've loaded the cheat for the fix, even though I can't even get to that point!

Does anyone have any solutions? Or a save game, preferably in the very beginning..

Thanks

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

.....dun know....ur problem need a technician....why not play in the emulator?

3. bacterium

bacterium Member

Well, the only other problem I have ever had was with Portrait of Ruin freezing occasionally...
    And I have the DS so I can play games on it..

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

M3 Real users have had issues. Tried with a patched ROM?

5. bacterium

bacterium Member

Yeah, I tried with 3424 - Dragon Quest V Hand Of The Heavenly Bride (U)(Xenophobia).rar, as well as a bunch of 'fixed' roms I found on torrent sites..

6. Upaut

Upaut Well-Known Member

The batch file included in the .rar here is scripted badly. A quick little fix and we'll have you all patched up.

Open the Xpa-dqv (or however it's named) batch file (it's a .bat file, you can't miss it) in a notepad or other text editor. Put quotation marks (") in front of the rom number and behind .nds.

Run the batch file.

If that doesn't patch the rom, then you're going to have to do some editing of filenames to remove the spaces in both the rom name itself and the batch file's rom names.

7. bacterium

bacterium Member

Hm. When I patch it, the file is only 114 mb, instead of 128 mb.. Is that right? Cause if so, it's still not working for me.

8. anandjones

Yes. It is only 128MB because they add redundant data to the rom image once written to the cartridge. Also, by patched, I was meaning patching the ROM with the Action Replay codes.

9. bacterium

bacterium Member

Oh, I downloaded the new codelist, and turned on the cheat that way. But I don't know how to add the codes manually, if that even makes a difference..

10. anandjones

The code is in the cheat database list.

11. bacterium

bacterium Member

Well, I ended up starting a game on IDeaS, creating a backup save and then transferred it to my DS. However, I am stuck on the boat now. And from what I've seen people with M3s haven't had much luck.
    So, I'm wondering if I can put the action replay code in on IDeaS, and then transfer the file over after getting of the ship. Or would that corrupt the file? Oh well, it's worth a try.
    So, where can I find the action replay code, not in a database? The only codes I am having luck finding are the 'legitimate' ones, like max gold and what not.
    Thanks

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I expect the game would just crash later on, the AR code should be present all the time.

13. bacterium

bacterium Member

Well, I have the code on my M3, but I don't know how to get it on IDeaS, for when I am creating the save game in the first place..

14. anandjones

Use R4CCE to open up the usrcheat.dat, and then just get the code from there. It should be stated on GBAtemp somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.