1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest V: Beginning

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Ultima112, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Ultima112

Ultima112 Member

At the start, you begin on the ship right? I went on GameFaqs, it says to talk to the Captain. I'm assuming Cap'n is short for Captain, talked to him several times, and nothing happened. Thinking it might be wrong, I went through the entire ship and talked to everyone and opened each barrel. Am I missing something, or is this just the game? I would think that someone would ask this, but I'm wondering if it's just my game. I downloaded it once, tried it, downloaded again, and I feel that others might not be having the same problem as me.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Is a Piracy prevention. What are you running to play it?

3. Ultima112

Ultima112 Member

If you mean the chip, it's the R4. Do I have to buy the game to play it, or is there a way to get around it?

4. Crashtehelf

Crashtehelf Well-Known Member

Update your cheat database... There should be a 'Game Fix' listed as a cheat...

5. Ultima112

Ultima112 Member

Where would the cheat database be? Do I just look for it on the internet like through google, or is it somewhere on this site? Sorry- I'm a little new to rom downloading and the cheats and stuff. Thanks for the help though.

6. Crashtehelf

Crashtehelf Well-Known Member

It should be at:-
    cheats.gbatemp.net

Just pick whichever one your card is compatible with...

7. Ultima112

Ultima112 Member

Thanks.

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Get usrcheat.dat.

9. Lexandor

Lexandor New Member

Strange bug, in efect you just speack to the captain ... (or the rom is buggued ;))

10. bart-dstroy

bart-dstroy New Member

i have the same thing but i have a dstt card can anyone help me please??

11. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

@bart, use the same advice as given above the DSTT also uses USRCHEAT.DAT

12. yourgam3

yourgam3 Member

i talked to the captain was going out happened nothing then i was going to talk to the cook and then i was going back to the deck and then i had the docking