1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 help!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Kirbyblue, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Kirbyblue

Kirbyblue Member

I am very sorry to bother you guys, but recently I have been playing Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, and it seems to have encountered an slight... Error. I'm using my R4, so it's only normal to encounter issues like this, but for some odd reason this is the first error I can't bypass.

The thing wrong is, when I enter Bemusoleum, everything is going well and normal. However, when I go into the first room, the top screen is completely black, and the bottom screen has what it normally has, a mini-map of what room you are in.

At first, I thought it was just one quick thing that would change if I restarted, since it didn't really freeze or anything, since the music was still playing, so I thought it just stopped in the middle of loading the map, but boy was I wrong...

I've been looking for help for ages >.< It would help a lot if someone could give me some advice on my current situation. Thank you very much!

2. megadarks

megadarks Well-Known Member

ummm it happend on the game he is talking about

3. Kirbyblue

Kirbyblue Member

Lol yeah, it happened on Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2. This is the first game that has ever had this kind of error before >.<

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Just a thought get DeSmuME emulator http://www.emucr.com/search/label/NDS?&max-results=12

Backup a copy of your original .sav file

Put a copy of it into the DeSmuME Battery folder, file extention rename file .sav to .dsv

Play game vr DeSmuME bypass the part that having issue with and save

then reverse process, rename save file back to .sav and re put back onto Ds Micro SD

(Tip) Names of both save and rom have to match names.

Exsample

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2.sav

are

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2.dsv for DeSmuME Battery folder

NDS Game: Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2.nds

5. Kirbyblue

Kirbyblue Member

Ah o: Thats a good idea.

Edit: I'm finding it really hard. T-T

6. Jhon 591

I think I rememer them days... No one help me so I just try / try and try again.

Best advice... don't go thier if no try.

"Edit: I'm finding it really hard. T-T"

That don't rely help, what part find hard are issue with...

7. Kirbyblue

Kirbyblue Member

O: Well, I keep changing it to .dsv, but when I try to load the file, the only selection I have is to make a new game...

I don't know what went wrong. :/

8. Jhon 591

Clear the battery folder, start a new game see is new save dump has a diffrent name to the game name.

Are if your PC file extention is not enabled then enable it, are you could have done a .dsv.dsv without knowing as it's hidden

http://gbatemp.net/topic/267243-retrogamefan-updatesreleases/

See in his Spoiler, How to see all file extensions on your PC

9. Kirbyblue

Kirbyblue Member

I checked, nothings hidden or anything.. And I tried doing what you said, about clearing the battery folder, when I did that and started a new game, the dsv file was the exact same as what I named my .sav file :/

Maybe I'm missing something out x.x

10. Jhon 591

No.... .sav is ment to be changed to .dsv

EDIT: With this emualtor leave save as is.

Maybe no$gba though no$zoomer http://www.mediafire.com/?js0l3kmi9pxigiu

If dont work then its over .

11. Kirbyblue

Kirbyblue Member

My saved file is working! Your amazing Jhon! Thanks for not giving up on me o:

I passed the place I was stuck on. Your the best :3

12. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Great!
    If you have a powerful enough computer, use DeSmuME for any future games. It xis updated regularly and has a lot less problems then No$GBA.

And good work Jhon, you are indeed the best.

13. Jhon 591

Very gald to hear you did it :) , Welcome both ;)

!lol Xenirina, Time for me to get drunk now :) and go bead.

14. Kirbyblue

Kirbyblue Member

I will :D People on this website are really helpful ^^