1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest Monster Joker

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by cire004005, Apr 15, 2008.

1. cire004005

cire004005 Well-Known Member

Do you have to be a higher level or higher rank to scout someone? I'm having trouble scouting C monsters plus to get to A monsters. Thanks anyone please.

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

It depends on how strong your monsters are ultimately. I've managed to scout Rank A Monsters with level 1 monsters(take note that the level 1 monsters were synthesized 20+ times too :p).

As long as you're getting any amount of points towards whether you scout it or not, you might just get lucky and get it with a 3% chance or something as well.

3. cire004005

What does it take to win the championship do u have to have S or X monsters

4. SturmxHawke

SturmxHawke New Member

The championship (I presume you mean the one where you fight 3 scouts in a row) is fairly easy, I did it with just lvl 25-30 monsters, namely the Incarnus at 28, Great Dragon (Rank A) at lvl 25 and a Garuda (Rank A) lvl 30 (it had to be higher for it's low hp, def and it being my healer) and I breezed straight through it.

If you mean the arena on Xeroph Island then you will need somewhat stronger monsters, though it's not that much required it is recommended to have at least one lvl 50 +4 monster that has had parent monsters with nice stats or a lvl 50+ monster with decent parent stats. I got through the Arena battles of Rank X with a slight bit of difficulty (the first 2) and got beat at the 3rd fight. Mainly because my monsters were pretty beat up. I tried again after I won the Scout's challenge and the last boss and I breezed through it with a lvl 75 Rank X, a lvl 72 Incarnus and a lvl 75 Rank S :)

I'm not going to say the names as it might spoil, nor will I say anything else about any later bosses or monsters used by NPCs.

As to the main question of this thread:

The scouting % is dependant on the amount of Attack your monsters have and probably also the amount of Def the opponent has. You 'Scout' a monster and you do that by proving to the monster that, if you wanted to, you could seriously hurt the monster, but instead choose to let it join you (that's the principle behind scouting). The higher your attack (I do recommend Psyching up, which is available to monster with the Psycho trait, like Incarnus and Mischievous Mole and other monsters) the more likely it is that you are successful in scouting the target, oomphing up, sapping the opponent and Psyching up is recommended for harder targets, like NPC scout monsters and metal body monsters.

I hope this has helped you with your question, any further questions can be PM-ed or posted on this forum or in this thread.

Greets,

SturmxHawke

5. cire004005

Thanks for the info.