1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon quest ix problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by catfacts1, Feb 11, 2013.

1. catfacts1

catfacts1 Member

I'm using no$gba 2.6a with no$zoomer 2.3.0.2

The game has worked perfectly until an area called swinedimples academy. The problem I'm having is that in Snowy areas, instead of showing the snow falling from the sky, it shows large white lines in all direction moving diagonally across the screen. It is playable, but really really annoying. Is there a fix to this?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Try changing the RENDER found under OPTIONS, and EXTRA under OTHER. Who knows that might help. But I do suggest back up your save file first. It that still doesn't help, then it might be a glitch when ran on No$Zoomer. Which can't be help much....except maybe try running it on DeSmuMe.

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If you run it on DeSmuMe always keep a backup save file copy/paste , but for DeSmuMe rename that save file extention to .dsv , you will find save's in the battery folders .

4. catfacts1

catfacts1 Member

I tried changing the rendering from nocash to opengl before I posted here. Didn't help :(

I'm going to try DeSmuMe asap. /crosses fngers.

5. Jhon 591

Only if your video card supports openGL ^ its not a normal render.

6. catfacts1

catfacts1 Member

Also, tried running it withotu NoZoomer, still the same problem. Would it help solving the problem if I uploaded a screenshot and copy/pasted my no$gba settings?
    Post Merge: [time]1360670688[/time]
    I have GTX 570 2bg. Pretty sure that it supports openGL :p

7. Jhon 591

Ok I see good card ;D

How about the DeSmuMe ?.

Also you can get latest builds from here: http://www.emucr.com/search/label/NDS?&max-results=12

8. catfacts1

catfacts1 Member

Haven't tried DeSmuMe yet, will try it asap, which is when I get home from uni. Will post results.
    Post Merge: [time]1360671429[/time]
    Which DeSmuME Should I get?

File Name: desmume-0.9.8-win32.zip
    File Size: 1.87 MB
    System: Nintendo DS
    Version: 0.9.8
    (from Coolroms.com)

or

Download: DeSmuME SVN r4532 x64
    (from the site you linked) ?

9. Jhon 591

DeSmuME SVN r4532 ^

depening on your system either x86 are x64

Although it may are may not require some .dll files depening your windows, if so it will ask and download vr google, and place in main folder of emulator

10. catfacts1

catfacts1 Member

Okay, I've downloaded DeSmuME Now. I can run the game, but I can't get the save file to work.
    I copy pasted my save file from the no$gba battery folder and pasted it into the DeSmuME battery folder and renamed it to "Dragon Quest IX.dsv (but it's still a SAV file), but it doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

11. Jhon 591

Copy and paste ROM's name, both game and save has to be sopt on in every way, even one caps out of place is enuth.

Are you could use original make a backup copy always in case.

Convert save to R4 - http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

Then go for the rename .dsv and place into DeSmuME battery folder.

If not then don't know why it should not work.

For the prices of a DS these days DS lite £40 are DS original £25 pre-oned , and getting an r4 card harder as market was stop , online OK , wold be next best option.
    Post Merge: [time]1360675680[/time]
    PS: EDIT Just be sure PC file extention is enabled are you could end up with a hidden .sav , so could be .sav.dsv without knowing.

12. catfacts1

catfacts1 Member

I managed to get the save-file to work. And it also fixed my initial problem with the white lines. Thank you :)

13. Jhon 591

Glad to hear , no problem :)

14. catfacts1

catfacts1 Member

1 more thing. I'm playing with 60/30 fps, so it's 100% lag free.
    However, I get much better graphics on my no$gba emulator. Is there any way to increase the graphics on the desmume you told me to download, eg download new firmware or something?

15. Jhon 591

no games will ever run at 100% speed, just emulation for you, some games better then others.

it not AP are ROMs, just emulation.

As for graphics can be the same.

but if you need firmware and bioses to register with emultor firmware.bin / biosnds7.bin / biosnds9.bin these can easy be googled and go into the Firmware folder.

Are rename like biosnds9.rom to biosnds9.bin est