1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX freezing

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by pizzaguy23, Jan 14, 2011.

1. pizzaguy23

pizzaguy23 New Member

My brothers game keeps freezing right before you talk to the dragon on the summit while wearing the dragon Warrior Armour on. I don't think this is some kind of AP because I played through that part with the same ROM, and firmware, but maybe I'm missing something. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

which cracked rom did you get?
    i got the one that was cracked the same day it came out and got it the same day it got cracked too

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Same ROM.
    Same firmware.
    Random freeze.

The below is generally the solution to random, non-AP related freezing. Before you try that though, play with the settings too. Make sure that there are no cheats on (or at least not too many), turn off soft reset, disable any other random little option you don't need. A lot of the time it can be petty stuff.

Ah, the fun parts of life. You'll want to back up and format the MicroSD card if none of the above makes a difference.

- Back up all games and saves from the MicroSD card to somewhere that you can find it such as a folder on the desktop. Get everything you want EXCEPT firmware files.
    - Format the MicroSD card with the Panasonic SD Formatter.
    - Download the latest firmware files for your flash cart from wherever you get them.
    - Place these files onto the freshly formatted MicroSD card.
    - Put all games and saves and your other stuff back onto the MicroSD card.
    - Try the game again.

If all else fails, hate to say it, the save may have to be deleted. Obviously try everything else first, as that is a lot of game to replay (having beaten it, I can attest to that).