1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX - emulator question

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by jimdimag, Sep 13, 2010.

1. jimdimag

jimdimag Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm playing DQ9 and like many, I'm having trouble canvasing people into my Inn.
    I ran across this thread and downloaded the ZIP file with the SAV files in it.

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=44952.0

My question... how can I use it? It looks like a I need an R4 chip, two DSi's and two copies of the game. Is that the only scenario?

I was hoping to use my one DSi and one copy of the game with my PC somehow. I have an emulator for the DS (NO$Zoomer), but I'm not sure if there's a way to configure the emulator to communicate with my real DSi (i.e. using my wireless network, or something I can pop into my USB port).

Any ideas? I can download software or buy some hardware, but I was hoping to avoid the price tag for another copy of the game and another DSi.

Thanks,
    Jim

p.s. you can e-mail me privately if you prefer:
    jimdimag at hotmail.com

2. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

as far as i know, you can't use wifi connection on DS with emulator,,,

3. jimdimag

jimdimag Member

Thanks for the input.

Well, suppose I have two DSi's and an R4 chip thingy (they seem pretty cheap), would I need two copies of the game, or could I download a working ROM and use the saves?

I don't know anything about these chips and the downloads or SAV files. If I need two official DQ9 games, I might be able to swing a loaner from a friend, but I'd be worried about deleting his game.

If anyone can share some pointers, or point me to a forum that has the into, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Jim

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmmm...first off...NO R4! get a supercard DS 2, it's the current best for DSi :p and if you are doing it with 2 DSi's, you'll need to flashcarts.. you can use this site to convert the
    .sav: http://www.shunyweb.info/

it's all fairly simple ^_^

5. jimdimag

jimdimag Member

Thanks again for the input.... just what I needed.

I quick run through Google shows me that the DSTWO card is ~$40 US where the R4 is under $10.
    Will the R4 do what I want ? I mean... if it worked in the past is there something wrong with it now?

I can appreciate that the newer chip might have extra features and usability, but I'm about functionality... if the R4 works I'd rather buy that and save the cash.

Thoughts ?

Thanks,
    Jim

6. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

if you buy an R4, you will deal with having to use firmware like YSMenu (i don't like it), and tons of anti-piracy issues not being fixed, having a clone, no support for it, and need i go on? if you don't wanna buy a SCDS2 at least buy an acekard 2i

7. jimdimag

jimdimag Member

Thanks for all the good input.

Would this do the trick for what I want to do?

http://www.gamekool.com/acekard-2i-w-microsd-tf-2gb-card-p-185.html

2GB seems a decent size memory card. Is that the proper AceKard that was posted above?

Thanks,
    Jim