1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX cheats

Discussion in 'Cheats & Hints' started by kaldoreon, Jul 29, 2010.

1. kaldoreon

kaldoreon New Member

I'm not in the hacking stuff and all and I just wanted to know if there was a way for me to just download a ROM
    of Dragon Quest IX witch some cheats on it (like easy exp or cash,...)

Could anyone help me with this?

2. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

doesn't work with prepatched/precracked games

4. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

If doesn't work, use R4cce program (Google to find it) and press "..." button (right of Game ID) to find a real game ID. If doesn't work again, what version of your gaming? USA or EUROPE or other countries?

5. steelcomet

steelcomet Well-Known Member

I think he wants to download a rom with cheats in it already.

6. kaldoreon

kaldoreon New Member

I found out there's a SAV Editor so I fixed it with that. I have to admit I understand .... Nothing from R4cc.
    So thanks anyway for the help guys =)

(I love this community)

7. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

impossible

8. fclinux001

fclinux001 Well-Known Member

no I remember a mega man game for gbc that was a hack to to let you choose certain codes then play the game with them. Although, I havn't seen one of those for the ds..... yet.

9. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

it would also be possible (I assume) to do something like "99x chronocrystals" cheat or something like that and then save your game, upload the save to gamefaqs or something (or here, if romu allows it, I wouldn't know) and then he could use that. Chronocrystals sell for 25000 each, so that's basically infininte money as far as the game is concerned. Don't know how you could do that with EXP or something, but the save file editor (I have seen it, but I don't generally cheat until after I've beaten a game once at least, and in dragon quest, never, as there is so much to do post-game). IN game options are to simply kill gold golemns in the gleeba desert for money and kill liquid metal slimes in the bowhole for easy exp, but to each his own.

10. kaldoreon

kaldoreon New Member

I'm using an YSmenu (or whatever) and some games are loaded on it with the possibility to use cheats allready.
    But like I said, I solved it with the SAV-editor.
    But thanks for the reply's

11. Upaut

Upaut Well-Known Member

That's pretty bad if you have to cheat at Dragon Quest IX. If you really needed the Exp, kill liquid metal slimes or king metal slimes (only found in grottoes). If you need the gold, steal like a madman or farm gold golems south of Gleeba.

As for those lovely rare items, make use of DQVC. Darn near everything eventually makes it's way onto that shop.

12. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

If you don't have Wi-FI (like me) you can easily use the cheat code editor that you mentioned earlier to add items to the online shop as well. You still have to pay full price for them, so its not gamebreaking, but this is the only way I'd consider "cheating" on this game.

13. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

where is the wifi shop??

14. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

It's in the Inn at Stornway. There should be someone to the right of the Alchemy Pot that will connect you.

15. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

thanks nathan i hadn't even found the alchemy pot yet :I