1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest IX Almost Complete

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by anandjones, Feb 4, 2008.

1. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

From IGN (DragonQuester better be reading this :p)

In an interview today with Bloomberg News, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada revealed that the latest entry in Japan's biggest RPG franchise is nearing completion.

Said Wada about Dragon Quest IX, "It's almost complete." He also touched upon a possible area of fine tuning for developer Level-5 as he noted, "The balance between single player and multiplayer is important."

Sadly, Wada wouldn't give a specific time frame for the game, only stating that Square Enix does not want to rush it out.

Dragon Quest IX may just be Square Enix's biggest title for the DS, but the company also appears to be interested in supporting Nintendo's other hit platform, the Wii. "We'd like to increase appropriate software," he said of the platform, noting the company's plans for downloadable games to coincide with the start of the Wii Ware service this Spring.

On the business side of things, Wada revealed to Bloomberg that Square Enix plans to take part in more mergers and acquisitions, similar to what it did with Taito back in 2005. The company is interested in companies not only in Japan, Europe, and North America, but in emerging markets like China and India.

2. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

YEAH! I am reading it! Cool, I never knew they would update that so fast! Now Im really hyped UP! :p ;D :D Thanks for the heads-up anandjones! ;D

3. anandjones

Of course I do ;D ??? Nah, not an exact date, but it should be released maybe in a month or so.

4. sushimaru

sushimaru Member

I just heard of Dragon Quest today from DragonQuestor's signature. I was skeptical at first... looks like dragon ball but I'll take a look anyway. I immediately learned it was a game after a quick google. Now I want to see it for myself.

Do you guys know where I can find ISOs for Dragon Warrior VII or Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King for the PS2? I want to try Dragon Quest VIII first. ^_^

5. anandjones

You can always go to mininova.org and search of a torrent for it. We can't post other competing ROM sites links and I doubt any of them have ps2 isos! As for Dragon Warrior VII, Valarion uploaded to megaupload so here you go.

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,2585.0.html You really should've searched first.

And it's nothing like Dragonball lol.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Valarion's link may well have expired by now.

7. anandjones

Nah, it's still valid somehow. I checked before posting it of course.

8. DragonQuester

Lol, I have the PSX ISO of Dragon Quest VII, but I dont have Dragon Quest VIII as a rom. However, I have both games on PS1, and PS2. lol, and Im waiting for the DS Version of IX. And Akira Toriyama created both DBZ and Dragon Quest ;D

9. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Almost complete? Yay! Now wait for the JP release before finding out the English one.

10. DragonQuester

Yeah thats true. Square Enix relies more on Japan, and its Japenese games. The US and Canada etc comes next

11. anandjones

I don't know when it'll be finished though, there's no new news on this since I posted it.

12. DragonQuester

Yeah true, but they did say they are making progress and getting closer to completion. That's why I am pumped up ;D

13. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

As far as we know, it's nearing 'completion'. We'll know when it'll out by the mass surge of customers lining up to buy it in Japan. Then we can only guess the English date, depending on how much work it is to translate it.

14. DragonQuester

Darn, the date is still not set. Its still "TBA 2008" What the hell, then why would they say its almost complete in damn February?