1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest Inquiry

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by bluenowhere000, Jun 29, 2012.

1. I'm looking into playing the Dragon Quest series but I have a few questions before I do. First, would there be any ideal chronology of playing the games? (i.e. Starting with I then going up until the latest.) Second, should I play the side-games as well? (Dragon Quest Monsters, etc.)

That's it for now but I might have further questions in the future.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

With the Dragon Quest series there is absolutely no Chronology involved except maybe for the first & second games which are direct sequels of each other. That said, playing the first two games is kind of important but not required as those two games introduces you to what a "Dragon Warrior" is & what is meant by "being a descendent of Roto/Eldrick" or at least being hailed as being like him.

The side games are quite interesting as one of 'em is kind of like Pokemon, namely the DQ Monsters series. One game in particular though is somewhat tied to but not directly to a sequel in the main series. This being DQ Monsters Caravan heart whose lead character Keifer who also appears in DQ7 as one of its main characters.

Another side game series is the "Rogue Dungeon explorer" series starring Torneko or Taloon as he was named in the western release of DQ4.

3. Thank you very much! I think I'll be playing the games on a release-date chronological order as I don't like playing games consecutively where the graphics/gameplay become worse than the previous.

Oh and one more question, are the first two installments of the game available on DS? If not, on what platform could I possibly get to play them?

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Here you go:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=dragon+quest

Bookmark that site as it has great information about videogames :)

5. That answered my question very well. Thank you so much.

6. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

Dragon Quest I, II and III are connected. So are IV, V and VI.