1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Ball Live action trailer *not for weak heart*

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by calvin_0, Jan 3, 2009.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

warning: the following trailer isnt suitable for those who have weak heart and it might cause a week of nightmares. Rate: H18, horrible beyond imagination

Dragon ball trailer

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

One word LAME! :p

Thanks to that link Cal, I was able to browse Youtube & found clips from THE old Chinese Dragonball Movie I once saw back in high school with my buddies. And unlike that American garbage you let us view, this is way better, in terms of the story & it's adaptation of the Anime, what does suck are the lame visual effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRYx2Fm0A2Q -> hmm, this is very intriguing, they re released the movie with some visual improvements? I didn't see that newer one though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9wEGbX0r7M -> The guy "Monkey Boy" (A.K.A. Goku) was fighting with is Yamcha, although in this movie he is called "Westwood" & Bulma was See-toh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz6b_E3aAEA -> ROFL, now that's how you make Buten Roshii ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX38JOO1lTY&feature=related -> Yeah, here's THE movie in it's full glory, well part one of nine parts anyway. Thank you Youtube & the guys who uploaded these there :D

Don't waste your hard earned cash watching that crap Fox will release this year, spend it instead in searching for & buying a copy of this awesome Chinese movie on the net.

3. calvin_0

dont worry i am not so watching that crap. i found the title is funny since evolution is about making things better, but they are making it worse XD

edit: wow Kame was really funny XD, so the 1st clip was about goku rescuing pretty girl from the giant which is a shape shifting pig (i forget his name). I must say Hong Kong really know how to make fighting movie.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That was the Chinese version of Oolong.

I don't want to give any spoilers away but that movie's story runs through the begining of Goku's story when he was still a kid 'til his encounter with King Pilaf.

5. calvin_0

Gohan still alive o_O

do they happen to have a chinese version, it seem the english is alittle off.....

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yes there is an original Chinese version ofcourse, though it's a little harder to find.

7. calvin_0

ya chinese movie is always hard to find unless you know kanji >.>

8. DukeofDoobs

DukeofDoobs New Member

the movie looks interesting to say the least, who can say what it portrays in the theater though ^.^

9. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

lol

...Thats all.

10. khaislash

khaislash Well-Known Member

The english movie looks awfully like Mortal Kombat.

11. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Looks like fail -.-

KAMEHAMEHAH!!!!!!!

12. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Going to be a huge fail.

13. bullno1

bullno1 Member

I'll Kamehameha at this movie
    Actually it looks like an OK action movie. If they change the name to something like Monkey's Balls , I'll watch it.

14. Darkaxl

Darkaxl Active Member

You all say it's going to be huge fail, because you know of the previous anime. The amount of manga adaptations i've seen seeing as my grandad is a HUGE oriental movie fan, 7 swords was an amazing film and there's many more.

Yeah it's poorly casted and the Dbz universe as a whole is vast and unimaginable BUT from what the trailer shows it looks reasonably decent.

Just look at it as a NEW movie not a spin off from DragonBall Z.

15. 4ds

4ds Well-Known Member

Then it shoudn't be called dragon ball in the first place lol i find the hollywood studio loves to localize(americanize everything)not only that but like anime they always remove the background music and replace it with sometime bad like speed racer its just a movie with the same title but everything americanize..Actually the reason is pretty simple all in for the money lol one biggest example is the forbidden kingdom.Damn i hate that show but when i go to rotten tomatoes everyone is rating it 70%+ and seriously asians really find nothing special in that movie^_^

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I want to bash the guys who made this shovelware movie's faces in real hard, Meteor Smash hard! :p

17. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

this is...disturbing.

18. khaislash

khaislash Well-Known Member

This would give a wrong turning point to people who are new to Dragin Ball franchise.

19. calvin_0

i wonder if we can sue hollywood for raping Dragon Ball Z

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Nooo! They're raping him :D

Another South Park Referrence eh Cal?