1. This forum is in read-only mode.

dpg3?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Feeiix, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Feeiix

Feeiix Active Member

How can I watch dpg3 (format still .dpg) videos on M3 DS Real?
    And btw. what's the differenz between normal dpg and dpg3?
    Source (german forum)

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

You need Moonshell to play dpg videos. I think dpg3 is just a slightly smoother version, and I think dpg4 only works on Moonshell 2.0 and up. If you don't already have Moonshell then get Moonshell 2.10 from here. I'm pretty sure it should work on the M3 DS real.
    If you already have Moonshell, what's stopping you from playing the file?

3. Feeiix

Feeiix Active Member

That's the problem I've got moonshell210stable and normal dpg films are working perfect, but not these dpg3 films. :'(

4. Fredbox

Why can't you play them? What happens when you try to play them?

5. Feeiix

Feeiix Active Member

It has an error which says: "... GetDPGAudioFormat: #14603: unknown audio format. (3)..."

Try it yourself and tell me if it's working (isn't important if you don't have a M3).

6. Fredbox

I don't have an M3, but I'll give it a go anyway. It might just be incorrectly encoded.

EDIT: I just tried it on my R4 and I got exactly the same problem as you. I think maybe it was encoded badly. On that forum you got it from, were there any comments from people who got it to work? I didn't see any comments but even if I did, I can't speak German.

7. Feeiix

Feeiix Active Member

Moonshell failerrorsite says: "clibdpg.cpp: #14603: unknown audio format. (%d): Video file format that contains an undefined sound. (For older MoonShell and OGG audio)"

But we're using the newest moonshell! ??? FTW?

I didn't found any working solution. :(

8. Fredbox

It's possible that DPG3 doesn't work too well on 2.10, but might work better on 1.71. If you can't find another source, then it might be worth trying that.

9. Feeiix

Feeiix Active Member

I found an other source which says moonshell 1.71 works with dpg and dpg2, and dpg3 should only work on moonshell 2.10, but yeah ... you know
    (And these :-X don't say what to do to get it working)