1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DPG player for Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ROUNDROBIN, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROUNDROBIN

ROUNDROBIN Member

The skin on my fingers has worn down to the bone trying to google search for a DPG player for the mac.

it's all good to play it on the DS but loading and unloading games to my DSTT can just feel like a waste of time some nights.

Does anyone know of a program that will play DPG on Mac?!

ps. I have tried DLing DPGplay and ther windows DPG players then trying to get them to work in a Windows Emulator for the mac...
    no good.

i have also tried using a DS Emulator on Mac to play DPG files...
    also, no good.

is there ANYway to get them to work?!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

dpg...

If my google search is correct, you want an mpeg player right?

Why don't you try googling "mpeg player mac"?

Might see better results...

Also, unless your on a tight budget, get an 8GB-or 16GB if you can loacate them-sd card-works for me-400 games and no hassles :)

Most are emulated stuff like nes, but 50 of them are big ds games-not bad eh?

Also-try a DPG converter-see if that helps...

http://www.bestshareware.net/videoguide/dpgconverter.htm

Sorry if that link above fails your needs-just had a quick google for it-but it's just to give you an idea-don't look for a player-look for a converter or just an mpeg player that works with these on mac-hope I helped :)

3. ROUNDROBIN

ROUNDROBIN Member

thanks MDS, i have the VLC player for mac and that plays the audio but no video :/
    this is the closest i have come to getting it to work.

VLC plays MPG, but not the version that is made up in DPG ...this unfortunately seems to be a common theme with every media player i try on Mac.

I have a 4GB card and am pretty happy with that (and cant really afford a better one) obviously i dont have to have all my emulators and roms on there at once as well as the movies, but its more about watching movies DL'd at a smaller rate than a full DVD rip you know?

i dont care if it will look small on my screen, i just wanna watch them on a bigger screen! hahaha im confused as to why some one hasn't added a codec for it to VLC or any other player :/

i wish i was nerdier.

thanks again for your help and i am checking out your suggestions right now :)

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

watch the original files that the dpgs were converted from? you can't play DPG on a bigger screen, the upscaling would destroy it.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I remember seeing a dpg viewer which allowed you to view them at normal resolution on Windows, I doubt anything like that exists on the DS. If you were to go to this much effort of finding one that can fulfill such a task, why not just watch the ^original file?

6. ROUNDROBIN

ROUNDROBIN Member

i dont have the original files. I couldnt possibly afford the download time or cost :(
    My download rate it is a LOT quicker and easier to DL a smaller file like DPG... so now i have a nice DPG collection but only a DS to watch them on... its driving me nuts!

stretching it out WOULD make it distort and i am well aware of that, i just want to be able to check files after i have downloaded them and/or just throw them on to watch if i am up at night and on the comp, running in the corner :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.